Delhi to Agra

Fiber_Optic

Regulars
Can some Delhiites please tell me what is the fastest way to reach Agra from Delhi.I'll be landing in Delhi IGI, from there I need to go Agra, is there any bus service from airport itself? If not where is the nearest Bus Depo/Railway station. Also how long does it take to travel to Agra from Delhi.Never been to Delhi before but I'm planning to travel to Agra this week (or at-most next week).

unlikely to find a bus service from the airport itself. you would probably find them at Sarai Kale Khan or ISBT... there is a metro that goes to ISBT. though others might have a better idea. traveling to agra could take 4-5 hours but it would depend upon the time of the day because traffic can cause major delays.

I'm thinking of taking a train, it approximately takes 3 Hours and traffic won't be a problem. May be I could take the metro from airport to railway station and get on an inter-city express from there.

there is a metro at the airport but i think it is for the international one. 😕 the problem would be to locate a train that goes to agra when you land here in delhi. from what i understand, the concept of buying tickets at the railway station minutes/hours before the departure time is not really preferred here in india. and you might end up waiting at the station for more than a couple of hours depending upon the time of the train itself. if time is a priority, hire a taxi or get on a bus. train is unlikely to save you time.

oh, I thought I could use the famous Delhi metro, too bad 🙁. Anyway I am planning on booking railway ticket in advance. I know last minute booking is a nightmare even in one's own city, so I won't try it in an unfamiliar city. May be I could get a prepaid taxi from airport to railway station. btw Thanks for your help.

that would be a safe way to go. and if you get an hour of extra time... you can easily travel around in the metro. take the train from the railway station travel to 2-3 stations. and then come back!

Best is IGI -> Airport Line Metro -> New Daily Railway Station -> Agra by Train.You can also chose TAXI Service which takes 3-4 hours to Agra during early morning (depends on when yo u arrive)

i assume he would be landing at palam airport? 😕

He can take the shuttle Service to the airport Line even then.

Agra is approx 200 Km away from delhi.there are three ways to reach agra.1. Train: shatabdi takes 2 hours. other trains vary from 3 to 4 hours.2. Bus : from sarai kale khan you can take govt busses. quality of buses not very good. few AC bus are also avalable.3. own cab/taxi : 200 km 4 lane hi way offer good driving exp...