Delhi Metro Smart Cards can be recharged online now

Sushubh

Administrator
http://www.readability.com/articles/nse1a3v4
In a bid to ease ticketing and recharge facilities for commuters, Delhi Metro Thursday launched online recharge facility for smart card users.
"With this new facility, commuters will now be able to top up their smart cards using debit or credit cards. However, recharge using net-banking facility is not available yet," a DMRC official said.Metro commuters can top up their smart cards through www.delhimetrorail.com and www.dmrcsmartcard.com.

Navjot Singh

Finally. :D There are few issues I must say. First is that it sends password in plaintext in your mail. :pissed-off: Secondly, there is no way to check existing balance on a card. Other than that, its nice. Haven't yet recharged and checked. Will try that soon.

Samuel

Amazing Member
It's a smart move, I was anticipating this for some time now :)
Would be great if we can check the balance too.

kkapoorr

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I beat you to it! https://broadbandforum.co/index.php?/topic/65076-The-Offtopic-Thread#entry669181:p :p :p Me liking this feature too:D

Sushubh

Administrator
You did not beat me to it. I used the link you shared. And posted it in the correct section with an excerpt. I would say it again... You can start a new thread if you cannot find an existing one.

kkapoorr

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Okay. I was using Tapatalk beta and was facing problems with searching. When I didn't find any DM thread, I just put it in the offtopic one. I'd thought that a thread existed and wasn't showing up on Tapatalk. Anyways, I'm more interested in these smart machines/kiosks that they're putting up at Barakhamba station.

Navjot Singh

Their system sucks. You need to go the station and use a machine(AVM) to validate the charge. And not just any station. One out of the 13 designated stations. So if you are in urgent need of some balance, get it recharged the old way. If you don't turn up at the station to validate in 30 days, you get partial refund. (2.5% of the transaction value gets deducted.)
:russianroulette:
Better is to just slip in a 100rs note at any station and get it topped up. Should have done that. Lost 100rs in the process.

Sushubh

Administrator
Righto. Validation is stupid. Indian government has already put so many verifications to only payments that an additional parameter is just stupid.

Navjot Singh

Forgot to add one more beautiful requirement. It can take upto 24 hours before the recharge shows up in their system. I am guessing that means you can visit the station to validate 24 hours after you have completed the transaction. Now I missed the recharge page where this was mentioned so can't copy the exact words.

Sushubh

Administrator
When I recharge my DG Expressway card, it also takes a couple of hours to appear in their systems. So I tend to recharge when I have a balance of around 100 bucks. Not a big issue considering I rarely visit Delhi these days. Most of the visits are to fucking manesar (mcdonalds past midnight) which costs me 56 rupees both ways.