Delhi International and Domestic Airports question

• Thread starter Thread starter Daddycool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 17,790
Yeah! I remember as we exchanged some thoughts about the GOD THREAD 🙂

Fair Enough, Might I suggest a different route from Manilla, or perhaps a non Indian airline that connects in some other country? If you could provide me flight timings and options, I could definitely help you figure out a convenient itinerary

Fair Enough, Might I suggest a different route from Manilla, or perhaps a non Indian airline that connects in some other country?

If you could provide me flight timings and options, I could definitely help you figure out a convenient itinerary
Thank you for your help but I guess you have not understood the situation yet. She is flying to Manila today as cabin crew and has to fly back to Doha reaching there on 23rd night. So her travel to India will originate in Doha late 23rd or early 24th. There are many other options like via Bahrain, Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, etc but she chose this because it would get her to Mumbai the earliest.

Anyway I must add that I got some really helpful replies on this thread. Special mention agantuk.
I have her listed on Jet Airways flt already and have applied by email to have her listed on Kingfisher as well.

[TABLE="class: inlineflightitinerarylegs"]
[TR="class: first"]
[TD="class: icon"] [/TD]
[TD="colspan: 4"] Emirates – Flight 848 [/TD]
[TD="class: duration"] 1h 00m [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD="class: direction"]Take-off[/TD]
[TD="class: time overnight"]Fri 3:45a[/TD]
[TD="class: airportCode"]DOH[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Doha, Qatar[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD="class: direction"]Landing[/TD]
[TD="class: time overnight"]Fri 5:45a[/TD]
[TD="class: airportCode"]DXB[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Dubai, United Arab Emirates[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD="class: extra, colspan: 5"] Business | Airbus A330-200 (Wide-body Jet) | 1h 00m | 237 miles | Fare code: JSOWQA1 | 4 seats remain
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: layover"]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD="class: direction, colspan: 4"]Connection[/TD]
[TD="class: duration"] 3h 50m
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"] Emirates – Flight 506 [/TD]
[TD="class: duration"] 2h 55m [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD="class: time"]Fri 9:35a[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD="class: time"]Fri 2:00p[/TD]
[TD="class: airportCode"]BOM[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Mumbai, India[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD="class: extra, colspan: 5"] Business | Airbus A330-200 (Wide-body Jet) | 2h 55m | 1196 miles | Fare code: JSOWQA1 | 4 seats remain [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TD="class: icon"][/TD]
[TD="colspan: 4"] Emirates – Flight 846[/TD]
[TD="class: duration"] 1h 00m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: time"]Thu 11:15p[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: time"]Fri 1:15a[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: extra, colspan: 5"] Business | Airbus A330-200 (Wide-body Jet) | 1h 00m | 237 miles | Fare code: JSOWQA1 | 4 seats remain[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: duration"] 2h 40m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"] Emirates – Flight 504[/TD]
[TD="class: duration"] 2h 50m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: time overnight"]Fri 3:55a[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: time overnight"]Fri 8:15a[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: extra, colspan: 5"] Business | Boeing 777-300 (Wide-body Jet) | 2h 50m | 1196 miles | Fare code: JSOWQA1 | 4 seats remain[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TD="colspan: 4"] Jet Airways – Flight 551[/TD]
[TD="class: duration"] 3h 30m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: time overnight"]Thu 10:55p[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: time overnight"]Fri 4:55a[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: extra, colspan: 5"] Business | Boeing 737-800 (winglets) (Narrow-body Jet) | 3h 30m | 1425 miles[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TD="colspan: 4"] British Airways – Flight 124[/TD]
[TD="class: duration"] 0h 50m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: time"]Thu 11:20p[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: time"]Fri 12:10a[/TD]
[TD="class: airportCode"]BAH[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Bahrain, Bahrain[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: extra, colspan: 5"] Coach | Boeing 777 (Wide-body Jet) | 0h 50m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: duration"] 3h 40m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"] Emirates – Flight 836[/TD]
[TD="class: duration"] 1h 10m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: time overnight"]Fri 3:50a[/TD]
[TD="class: airportCode"]BAH[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Bahrain, Bahrain[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: time overnight"]Fri 6:00a[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: extra, colspan: 5"] Coach | Airbus A330-200 (Wide-body Jet) | 1h 10m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: duration"] 3h 35m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"] Emirates – Flight 506[/TD]
[TD="class: duration"] 2h 55m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: time"]Fri 9:35a[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Dubai, United Arab Emirates
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: time"]Fri 2:00p[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: extra, colspan: 5"] Coach | Airbus A330-200 (Wide-body Jet) | 2h 55m | 1196 miles[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Not all the domestic flights depart from T3. Indian Airlines, Jet Airways flights are boarded from T3 and she will have to go to T1 for GoAir, Indigo and SpiceJet flight.In case she has to go from T3 to T1, there is a shuttle service after every 30 minutes. Buses and taxi also ply btw two airports, which can be taken from the exit of T3.I don't think her luggage will be automatically transferred from one aircraft to another. It's quite a mess but I am sure she will handle it at the airport.

@y2s - You have been most helpful. I did suggest to her the first option of EK via DXB but she did not want it because her last experience of changeover at DXB was not pleasant because of some rude ppl there. Moreover, that first option will pretty much ensure she gets no sleep which she will need badly. In any case, it gets her to Mumbai at 2:00 PM which is later than she can expect to reach with her present itinerary. Your other options are not workable this time. Her flt in to Doha is ETA 22:20 and she has to finish her debrief, go home and switch clothes and bag. BTW she normally takes either that Jet flt you mentioned or QR which is a bit earlier but can't do it this time for the mentioned reason.
BTW are you in the travel industry? I might seek your help in future.

----------

Not all the domestic flights depart from T3. Indian Airlines, Jet Airways flights are boarded from T3 and she will have to go to T1 for GoAir, Indigo and SpiceJet flight.
In case she has to go from T3 to T1, there is a shuttle service after every 30 minutes. Buses and taxi also ply btw two airports, which can be taken from the exit of T3.
I don't think her luggage will be automatically transferred from one aircraft to another.
It's quite a mess but I am sure she will handle it at the airport.
Welcome to IBF. I do appreciate it when a new member is helpful. BTW she has a subject-to-load ticket on Jet Airways and I have already got her listed to ensure priority on Jet. I have also attempted to have her listed on Kingfisher but their procedure is to use email and I have yet to receive their reply after nearly 24 hours of my request. I guess she will stick to T3.

I fly emirates a lot and my experience at DXB is usually exemplary. It might be a one off case of bad treatment. As for your second question, I am not in the travel industry but am a frequent flyer who is very passionate about flying. I would be glad to help you anytime.

@y2s - You have been most helpful. I did suggest to her the first option of EK via DXB but she did not want it because her last experience of changeover at DXB was not pleasant because of some rude ppl there. Moreover, that first option will pretty much ensure she gets no sleep which she will need badly. In any case, it gets her to Mumbai at 2:00 PM which is later than she can expect to reach with her present itinerary. Your other options are not workable this time. Her flt in to Doha is ETA 22:20 and she has to finish her debrief, go home and switch clothes and bag. BTW she normally takes either that Jet flt you mentioned or QR which is a bit earlier but can't do it this time for the mentioned reason.
BTW are you in the travel industry? I might seek your help in future.

----------

Welcome to IBF. I do appreciate it when a new member is helpful. BTW she has a subject-to-load ticket on Jet Airways and I have already got her listed to ensure priority on Jet. I have also attempted to have her listed on Kingfisher but their procedure is to use email and I have yet to receive their reply after nearly 24 hours of my request. I guess she will stick to T3.

I don't have much idea coz I have flown only twice and that too in India 🙂 ...

That sucks, I'd throw a fit. 2 Airlines have tried to bump me off in the past-Air India- SIN-BOM - Told them I had school to get to and they just put me back on the flightUS Airways PHL-CUN - Was bumped off, threw a tantrum, was offered USD 450 in flight credits and Business Class tickets for the next flight. I did not agree to these terms and then an agent showed me a clause in my ticket that states I can't do anything about it, Told her this is racial discrimination and asked to speak with her boss and was immediately handed a boarding pass. Needless to say I sent a stinker to US Airways about this incident.

She is traveling on a staff ID90 ticket and can't afford to throw a tantrum. Tonight she has got herself listed to come direct to Mumbai and as of now there are 39 vacant seats so she is hopeful.

Air India- SIN-BOM - Told them I had school to get to and they just put me back on the flight

US Airways PHL-CUN - Was bumped off, threw a tantrum, was offered USD 450 in flight credits and Business Class tickets for the next flight. I did not agree to these terms and then an agent showed me a clause in my ticket that states I can't do anything about it, Told her this is racial discrimination and asked to speak with her boss and was immediately handed a boarding pass. Needless to say I sent a stinker to US Airways about this incident.
That's great presence of mind. I couldn't have conjured up that racial discrimination line