Delhi has 7th Worst traffic in the World, Bangalore 6th ( IBM )

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 6,968
You've been to hyd or what? u know everything .. 😛

Told you, have driven in most metros 😀 It is important to know the traffic rules (not sarkari, but local) of the place you are driving in. Comes extremely handy 😛

still annoys me... i was challaned in chandigarh for not using the slip road for taking a left turn. i missed the slip road and took the regular left turn. it is apparently not allowed in chandigarh.

in hyd.....if traffic police stops you...you dont plead with him...just ask how much.? he'll say no helmet no license ..100RS!! you say i dont have 100bucks....have only 50...he takes it and end of matter.....me and my friends specifically keep 50rs in our front shirt pocket for this purpose alone 😀

chandigarh is not hyderabad. though i was able to avoid going to the challan office. i had no option because i was in the city for only a few hours and there was no way i could have paid the challan amount properly on that day itself.

I have driven in Mumbai...had red eyes and a bad headache after I got back home lol 😀

Not sure which mumbai u have driven in but among metros Mumbai is probably the best in trafic management... Of course there will be traffic jams & such considering the population per km but the general public drives much more sensibly here in mumbai than in cities like delhi or bangalore(havent been to HYD yet )... BTW my worst driving exp in a city would have to be Bhopal hands down... Was there for 6 days to attend a friend's wedding & witnessed like 10+ major accidents(not bumps or scraps) while I was there... I was wondering weather it was a special case but my friends told me the traffic is like that all year long...He had 3 cars & all of them were airbag models just coz of this(didnt know weather to laugh at this or not)...

where is the rasogoola of india in the list.!! But good to see kolkata not there...at least f****** cpm has something to show.the reason behind the better traffic in mumbai and kol. and not delhi is the no. Of cars. I read a report somewhere that every fourth car in india is sold in delhi.hence this is bound to happen. I know it sounds insane but i think many people here in kol dont buy cars and two wheelers even when they can afford it just bcoz of the horrors of the road and parking nightmare or use to a bare min and fall back to public transport.Mumbai and kolkata have actually benifited bcz of their massive public trnsprt systems in terms of suburb rail. Kol metro has also helped a lot in traffic containment.whereas delhi has only started to benefit from the metro for a while now.

still annoys me... i was challaned in chandigarh for not using the slip road for taking a left turn. i missed the slip road and took the regular left turn. it is apparently not allowed in chandigarh.

Driving with headlight on high beam is strictly not allowed in Chandigarh. It is just one of the many on the list of offenses which are surely going to get you challaned, along with having any sort of dark sun film on your glass etc etc.

yeah. found it from a friend who lived in mohali. chandigarh had seat belts compulsory years before it was made mandatory in the rest of the country.

about seat belts do both ppl sitting in the front need to wear it or only the driver and is the rule same everywhere ?

it is technically compulsory for both the front seat people around the country. they were supposed to make it compulsory for the back seat riders too. but i guess laziness prevailed. i should thank god that they at least made it mandatory for car makers to provide seat belts for all the seats in the cars.

well i have driven in Mumbai and bangalore and IMO certainly wernt worse than delhi infact mumbai was pretty civilised compared to delhi..but then this was a few yrs ago

well i have driven in Mumbai and bangalore and IMO certainly wernt worse than delhi infact mumbai was pretty civilised compared to delhi..but then this was a few yrs ago

Mumbai even now is more 'civilized' then Delhi. I drove for last 2 yrs in Mumbai. Even though there are traiffc jams, people still follow queues, unlike in Delhi were a hint a car length space in a jam, makes people push the accelerator pedal to get into that space even if it involves lane cutting!

But i still stand by my original statement...... 'If you can drive in Delhi, you can drive anywhere around the world' 😉

roads r small in Mumbai with 2 way traffic on it with full on traffic force including buses..specially in Andheri West side.
----------

If you can drive in Delhi, you can drive anywhere around the world' 😉

thats wht the Mumbaikars told me too 😀

nd ya ppl hav nag fr breaking lanes in Delhi led by autowalas, 2 wheelers..nd gadiwalas

scares me like anything sometimes when a biker tries to overtake frm left almost hitting the car in the process happens a lot here in Delhi..

I still stand by what I said. Guys who haven't driven in Hyd and Bang haven't seen a thing yet 😀 Drive there guys. If you still feel Delhi is bad, I will take back my words 😛

----------

Kolkata might not have a lot of cars, but the jams there are famous. There are epic stories on how one starts for office, hits a jam, and returns home in the evening without even going to office. I have felt among the large cities, Chennai has the most disciplined traffic. However, due to influx from other parts of the country, the manners have taken a hit, though it still remains very organised and rarely are there jams there. There is a lot of slow moving traffic at times, but nothing like idling at one spot for hours, let alone minutes