Delhi Government bans posters on Autos in Delhi

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Wah wah.

Political advertisements not allowed on autos: Delhi govt to HC | Business Standard News

The city government today told the Delhi High Court that political advertisements are not allowed on public service vehicles, including autorickshaws.

The submission was made before a bench of justices B D Ahmed and Vibhu Bakhru, which was hearing a plea against Delhi government's 2013 order prohibiting advertisements and posters on auto rickshaws.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
Political advertisement not allowed but what about this statement!

"Agle election main kya AAP vote denge?!"

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
Regulars
Jan 19, 2007
svknet.wordpress.com
Good move. Auto-Rickshaws in my city are full of many aspirants looking to become MLA is upcoming Assembly elections. They have put posters with their plans for future.
Many people have raised concerns over this ads already.

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
Regulars
Jan 19, 2007
svknet.wordpress.com
I don't know about Delhi, but I read somewhere that Autos are not allowed to carry any adverts such that it covers rear view window.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
The ban in Delhi is just for political posters. And reason is obvious. Auto Drivers are one of the largest supporter base for AAP. And BJP controls the home ministry which is what is running the Delhi Government.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
I feel sad when people dont see obvious reason and praise the move.

Move may be good but ban all advertisements why ban just political one?

And why ban now? I would say this move itself is politically sponsored!

I see death of democracy in near future.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
If you want to ban ads on public transport, ban ads on all mediums including Metros and Buses.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Also of course. Ban political ads on hoardings as well. I mean during the recent general elections... The entire city was covered with posters of Modi and other BJP politicians. How is that not defacing the face of the city?