Default gateway ping is high

• Thread starter Thread starter rap1021
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 1,384
ISP
BSNL
Hello,

I am experiencing high ping in my ftth connection.
While running tracert route, I noticed that the ping to my default gateway is very high around 50 ms, but It should be around 1-2ms.
This is causing my actual ping to go over 100 ms.
What could be the problem..???

50 ms is a lot for Local gateway. Have you tried doing a test at late night (after 11.30 pm) or early morning(5 am to 6am) ? I guess this is congestion .

Man, You dont know how many times I had since 1st dec 2020.
Even complained on pg portal.
vendor says its olt fault, and new ont is not in stock.
I dont know if he's telling the truth.
Is the faulty OLT the cause of high gateway ping..???

In that case, maybe you all should raise a cumulative complaint with the lco, and threaten termination if service in case it isn't resolved.

Btw, could you post a screenshot of your config page as well as the status page?

He has already paid installation .This is why LCO takes a good amount for installation. Money is in Installation. He will have no problem terminating the connection . And if the LCO knows there is no other fiber provider in that area, then he is the Kaleen Bhaiyya of that area. You need a backup to terminate connection

In that case, maybe you all should raise a cumulative complaint with the lco, and threaten termination if service in case it isn't resolved.

Btw, could you post a screenshot of your config page as well as the status page?
The thing is, Sdo said that olt is not easy to replace.
It cost 40 - 50k

And the individual district managers do not have any say in what OLT they get(they themself new to fiber) . It gets bought via a tender or something centrally and looks like Alphion is used more in BSNL offices

Why did you take BSNL instead of Airtel ?

Because at that time only bsnl was available.
AIRTEL came late, like 3-4 months ago.
The problem is in my area only, the whole city is having good ping except people connected to the olt of my vendor.

Last edited: