Indian Premier League Updates

If they could pick anyone then it would have made sense for them to pick some discarded players... But non-starers of I.P.L meant domestic or the odd overseas player who skipped the 3 seasons or wasn't picked but is interested to play this one. But then it would not make sense to block 4.5 millions... so ultimately the right decision by Kochi/Pune

This is going to be interesting. The BCCI has not spoken on this issue yet. I wonder if this is an arm twisting tactic by the Sri Lankan board to get a share of the pie. Whatever BCCI throws at it would be a bonus.

i do not see whats the harm. of course a couple of teams would be badly affected. but it is/was pretty clear that ICC tournaments would not stop because of IPL. australia is playing a series against bangladesh right now! and shane watson is on fire these days. 😀

Chennai Super Kings 188/4 (20/20 ov); Kings XI Punjab 193/4 (19.1/20 ov)Punjab won by 6 wickets (with 5 balls remaining)actually saw the last two overs and zinta jumping like a kangaroo. excellent match.

Kochi Tuskers Kerala 148/8 (20/20 ov); Pune Warriors 151/6 (18.5/20 ov)Pune won by 4 wickets (with 7 balls remaining)aww. wanted kerala to win.

Rajasthan Royals is going to hope Watson's ammunition is not over once he joins them. However, he was up against Bangladesh, who are probably plumetting very fast in their cricketing standards. IPL has a much higher level. Moreover, the Sri Lankans, barring Malinga, do not seem to be improving any team's chances, considering both the teams with Sri Lankan captains have performed poorly.

Yeah Watson 185 out of 230.. If Bang had even scored 50 runs more, i.e 280... he would have probably ended up with 220+Its just a general question related to captaincy... White/Duminy may struggle to break into the playing XI - but still seem leading the race to be the captain when Sanga leaves.

Add Paul Valthaty to that list.... Good innings by him ... Hope he doesnt get lost into the background like Swapnil Asnodkar & Manish Pandey.

Paul Valthaty played good innings .. 18 4's and 2 6's last time M vijay score the century and this time he .. hope he continue the same performance and can see some blasting innings ..

What a match. Both matches today showed that with proper strategy, no score in unchaseable. Great stuff from Kochi and KKR.