Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar Card

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 172
  • Views Views 17,964
Just now I checked on IT website. Aadhaar or enrollment number is not marked with a red asterisk on the form to indicate it is mandatory.

update: apparently it does not accept without aadhaar.....not even with zeroes or random numbers 🙁

Last edited:
SUCCEEDED without Aadhaar: Filed through TaxSmile(dot)com and filled the enrollment number field with zeros.

Logged into IT website and saw it was accepted. Logged in from my bank website and E-Verified. DONE !

Note: It cost me Rs 294 paid to TaxSmile 🙂

ugh. entering fake numbers could possibly be a violation of aadhaar act. though it's unlikely to cause any issues.

not even with zeroes or random numbers
I believe you are required to enter a number that matches the algorithm used to generate aadhaar numbers. 1111 1111 1111 1115 should possibly work based on what i read online.

ugh. entering fake numbers could possibly be a violation of aadhaar act. though it's unlikely to cause any issues.

Yes....giving false information is also violation of Income Tax rule. But I have not given fake numbers....I have just given zeroes which technically means NOTHING / ZILCH 😀

The IT email acknowledgement I got after E-verifying says the submitted return will be checked for defects before sent for processing. And if there is any defect they will intimate the tax payer by email. I guess if they are not accepting with fake numbers they will just reject the return

And yes the IT website form accepted the fake Aadhaar number 1111 1111 1115, but I did not submit since I already have.

The important information is how to de-link adhaar card from Mobile, Bank, Telephone and other services?