Dayyum costly FTTH plans of BSNL.

• Thread starter Thread starter fiberguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 7,900
ISP
Zylog Wi5, Tata Photon Plus, Reliance 3G, Neighbour's WiFi!
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]BSNL FTTH is costly as f**k.I recently went to BSNL daftar and saw aunties confused on FTTH questions. Went to SDO (nicer guy, atleast than the herd). Fibre was almost available in my area. He said it would be there in a few 'weeks' . I don't know what weeks mean to BSNL. I knew the FTTH plan rates but had a pipe dream that I might get some good deal on fibre , maybe some crazy promo offers. But it all crashed when he said no promo offers were there. I asked whyTF does it cost so much for even 1 Mbps (3000 Rs + taxes), he said he himself had asked this same question to his seniors at meetings. He said that BSNL is like a freakin large body that it has its hands into so much non profitable things and the management is weak, very weak. Any new decision on local tariffs can't be taken individually like smaller ISPs which are eating its share. I was utterly surprised when he said that it should be privatized to some extent and should fire the lazy people to get in young people(He was like in early 30's)! He even said BSNL is a typical example of 'sarkari' company but said that people who have passion lose it when their bosses are dumb. He said they cannot introduce good competitive fiber tariffs on their own for local taste. We need people like these in our PSUs to make our them better![/color]

Pretty sure 800 is the standard price for 1mbit in Gurgaon. 😛Though what you've written is spot on for the most part.

I know the tariff plans on the website. Just my experience and a couple that of a few others in my housing society. They're selling it for 800 here.

You are lucky then! What is the cost for higher bandwidth plans? And is that 1Mbit unlimited or FUPed?

1 Mbit ul. No fup. Other plans are as per tariff on that page 🙁

x720 said:
1 Mbit ul. No fup. Other plans are as per tariff on that page 🙁
Exactly my point. It is difficult to even watch 360p let alone 480p on 1 mbit (between 80-110 KBps tops). Man who in right mind would charge 4000 Rs for 2 Mbit and take tariffs to Rs. 83,990 for 100 Mbit. *facepalm* . Then they cry that people are turning away from age old company for private players. They seriously need good marketing research. The prices for a normal company change every year but for BSNL it has remained the same. They could do like 10 Mbit to 40 gig and 2 Mbit later, it will be fine. They have got their model all wrong.