DATAONE250plan facts...new users beware...FRESHERS' TRAP

nithinthebest

ISP
Dataone
After serious discomfort with the poor service of AIRTEL GPRS at Trivandrum(Kerala) and Kollam(Kerala), I switched on to big Daddy DATAONE.

PLANNING TO TAKE/ TOOK A NEW LIMITED PLAN IN DATAONE? CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE U START USING IT...(applicable to plans that r not "unlimited")

The connection (250plan)was taken(activated) on 24 May 2008
With hardly a 7 days left in the month...I thought "Oh got to use 1 Gb in 7 days...else it's gonna be a loss...I'll have to pay 250 rental 4 nothing"

Thus rushed through and reached 1.xx Gb and stopped.
Now I called customer care 2 inquire my account status and what they bombed my blood pressure. They said I will be charged for the 1.xx Gb I'VE downloaded.They say it is "additional usage". :redface:

That for 7 days left in the month the bandwidth permitted was not 1Gb.
I inquired what the 250plan was then...and they said IT IS 1Gb for a Whole month. so per day approx.34Mb..and rent approx.8Rs.

I was literally doomed. Many of my pals reported the same folly during the first month of connection. Unless your connection is activated on EXACTLY first of month, U R SUSCEPTIBLE....so take care...this is literally a TRAP...indeed.😡

Thus if your connection is started on 2nd OF june (and not 1st of june...or any month)...HI HI U DON'T HAVE 1Gb free....
(My bill IS yet to come...expecting a practically huge bill for nothing...donno how Dad n Mom are gonna say...!!!😡). PLS SPREAD THIS TO ALL NEW USERS..2 NOT GET FOOLED.IF SOMEONE CAN GIVE AN ADVICE PLS GIMME...)

(NO COMPLICATIONS FROM 2ND MONTH HOWEVER...HAPPY SURFING)😀

All that is told about the plan250 is:
Start Up Home. Monthly BB charge Rs.250.
FREE usage is 1Gb.
Additional usage/Mb:90Ps.
The broadband charges will be collected through telephone bill. After taking BBconnection, the telephone bill will be issued monthly.:huh:

After serious discomfort with the poor service of AIRTEL GPRS at Trivandrum(Kerala) and Kollam(Kerala), I switched on to big Daddy DATAONE.

PLANNING TO TAKE/ TOOK A NEW LIMITED PLAN IN DATAONE? CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE U START USING IT...(applicable to plans that r not "unlimited")

The connection (250plan)was taken(activated) on 24 May 2008
With hardly a 7 days left in the month...I thought "Oh got to use 1 Gb in 7 days...else it's gonna be a loss...I'll have to pay 250 rental 4 nothing"

Thus rushed through and reached 1.xx Gb and stopped.
Now I called customer care 2 inquire my account status and what they bombed my blood pressure. They said I will be charged for the 1.xx Gb I'VE downloaded.They say it is "additional usage". :redface:

That for 7 days left in the month the bandwidth permitted was not 1Gb.
I inquired what the 250plan was then...and they said IT IS 1Gb for a Whole month. so per day approx.34Mb..and rent approx.8Rs.

I was literally doomed. Many of my pals reported the same folly during the first month of connection. Unless your connection is activated on EXACTLY first of month, U R SUSCEPTIBLE....so take care...this is literally a TRAP...indeed.😡

Thus if your connection is started on 2nd OF june (and not 1st of june...or any month)...HI HI U DON'T HAVE 1Gb free....
(My bill IS yet to come...expecting a practically huge bill for nothing...donno how Dad n Mom are gonna say...!!!😡). PLS SPREAD THIS TO ALL NEW USERS..2 NOT GET FOOLED.IF SOMEONE CAN GIVE AN ADVICE PLS GIMME...)

(NO COMPLICATIONS FROM 2ND MONTH HOWEVER...HAPPY SURFING)😀

All that is told about the plan250 is:
Start Up Home. Monthly BB charge Rs.250.
FREE usage is 1Gb.
Additional usage/Mb:90Ps.
The broadband charges will be collected through telephone bill. After taking BBconnection, the telephone bill will be issued monthly.:huh:

--------------------------

Fault is partly at your end too. You should not have got greedy yo use 1GB in 7 days and instead should have checked with CC before..

when you are in want of downloads then you must go with ul750+ month starting or middle or end, there will be no excess billing. simple plan with 1 month minimum hire period 😀 you can simply exit from plan after a month(by submitting plan change application in 10 days advance) 😀

@ nithinthebest,

i think you have a fair role in that. You should have asked someone before going it. If i was instead of you, i would have asked 'whether i should give 250 rs just for 7 days' ? and i would have got the answer !

Any service is like that.. If you take a post paid connection on 20th, with a 325 plan, you dont have to pay 325 for 10 days.. they will calculate only for 10 days !!

So.. Very few will think your way.. anyways.. Mom N Dad may shout at you after the first month bill !!

and believe me, you can either go for 500NU (night unlimited) or 750UL (full time unlimited at 256kbps) rather than sticking with 250 and pay additional charges !!

If you are a person who downloads, then 1 gb will be very less for you !!

Cheers

yupp...😀sure bros...i do have hav a role n im not blaming them completely...the thing is the Customer Care@ Kollam(Kerala) is almost out of reach all the time...the phone just rings and none takes...more over I HAD ASKED them how the first bill would be...they VAGUELY SAID it would be 1200(modem) plus 250 rent...and none of my FRIENDS actually knew this clear cut...one just called me 2 days back n told he had suffered the same...

Plus I couldn't access the account usage site during the last few weeks....its just now that the site was working 4 me...:huh:

REGARDING CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE(Kollam)...IT'S HIGH TIME THAT COMPLAINT HAS TO BE FORWARDED...'COZ U HAVE TO WAIT 4 ALMOST A DAY IF THEY HAVE 2 PICK THE PHONE...IT JUST RINGS...At last i found out the GMO's number n told him about this...he said he knew nothin about the plan n gave me the personal mobile number of the person@ customer care....
:madness:

@nithinthebest !customercare @ kollam ? is there a customer care seperately for kollam ? all kerala should be one right ? 1800 424 1600 ? They wont pickup immediately.. since it is free, you can put on speaker phone and do your other work. once you hear 'hello', use the phone.initial month bills are mentioned in many threads here.. deposit + rent + one month rent advance + installation (in kerala, installation charge is waved off i heard, and even they giving first month free or something.. dont know much about it )all the best

^^ There's a separate customer care number for thrissur too.
toll free ??

what i told is whole india toll free no!

they disconnect after hearing the voice also... once a person picked up the phone and asked what is the problem. told him. he kept the receiver a side and chatting with fellow person and hanged up the phone after 15 mins...:madness:

they disconnect after hearing the voice also... once a person picked up the phone and asked what is the problem. told him. he kept the receiver a side and chatting with fellow person and hanged up the phone after 15 mins...:madness:

They can see our number /name/details aswell i guess...

I used to call @ 1800 number after i got internet ... initially we had lots of problem.. Initially they used to pickup.. Later it changed after many tries...

Once as soon as someone picked up, he asked me 'is it xxxx(my name) from xxxx (place), in bangalore? there is a problem in line and you have to wait till tomorrow' and kept the phone !
i was shocked ! he told my name, area, city!

Later i stopped calling. They are selective 🙂 !

Nowadays usually 1500 Toll free 1800 424 1600 also directs you to 1500.Usually if an online complaint can be made or you send an email can expect some response.CC seems to have been outsourced to Private companies ! ( Lowest quotation !)