Dataone UL750 Home plan SLA?? Did BSNL set any Upload limitation??

• Thread starter Thread starter saivstech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 5,694

saivstech

ISP
BSNL DataOne HomePlan 900UL
hello all,

I've been using dataone broadband for the past 5 years. I used to get Download Speed of 225-230 kbps and Upload of 90+ kbps which catered my requirements. In recent times (1 month or so) I noticed that i'm not getting what I used to get regards Upload, it's around 25-30 kbps presently. I did speed tests with speedtest.net, pingtest.net and speakeasy.net, all showed the same results +/- 5 kbps pretty much. Did any changes take place recently with the BSNL authorities deciding to curtail the speed limits???? Is there any agreement or SLA when we sign up for broadband connection which mentions the bandwidth limitation either download/upload???? I don't remember anything like that when I signed up with BSNL, hence this clarification. I basically use VoIP to talk to my family in USA. So there has been a lot of disturbances/line dropping/static when i’m on VoIP, as I said I never had such problems earlier, lately these things started happening and I wanted to confirm with all the people out there, and its very obvious it's happening becos of the upload limit falling down. Recommended 90 kbps by VoIP service provider.

Do I need to contact any specific officer to escalate the complaint and get it sorted out?? Please guide me in the right direction.

You are on Home 750 plan. It has a download/Upload limit of 256Kbps/256Kbps.you are getting 25-30KBps which is close to 256kbps.The earlier speeds that you were getting was an error on part of BSNL. Now they have corrected it!

Nothing of that sort is reported. You should get the promised speed. Check with the Senior Divisional Engineer.

@saivstechwhat downlod speed do you get. is it 225KBps to 230KBps or 225kbps to 230kbps.KBps and kbps both are different. Downlod a file from a Internet and Check the speed KBps or kbps.you was getting 90kbps or KBps.I need to know the unit so I can answare your quaries.

thanks SRK006 for responding to my query....i know very clearly what i mentioned ie., kbps only and not KBPS. my download speed is 230kbps (reasonable as it fluctuates between 225-245 kbps) and upload is 30 kbps as opposed to earlier speed bursts of 90kbps. have BSNL given any official statement that they corrected their error on speed bursts???? please clarify??? no offences i just need to get my conscience clear.

@saivstech
what downlod speed do you get. is it 225KBps to 230KBps or 225kbps to 230kbps.
KBps and kbps both are different. Downlod a file from a Internet and Check the speed KBps or kbps.
you was getting 90kbps or KBps.
I need to know the unit so I can answare your quaries.

thanks indranil for ur reply... let me reiterate that its 225-245 kbps download and upload of 30 kbps. Mind you its not KBPS. thanks for ur help but i know the difference between kbps and KBPS. my concern is UPLOAD speed which is 30 kbps.....

@saivstechIn UL 750 you will get the 30KBps upload speed if your Router shows to you 256Kbps in uprateBut you mention you get 30kbps thats mean 3.5KBps.Check your router status pages the uprate Kbps.

@saivstech
In UL 750 you will get the 30KBps upload speed if your Router shows to you 256Kbps in uprate
But you mention you get 30kbps thats mean 3.5KBps.
Check your router status pages the uprate Kbps.

yes 3.5KBps.the speeds I mentioned is from the internet sites speedtest.net, speakeasy.net/speetest and not from the router side..... i've never meddled with the router side configuration....it was working fine until a month ago.....and never in all these past 12 months changed any router settings....so I dont know which part of router setting ur talking about.....i'm a bit lost with ur last sentence....??? can u be more specific....

Need to know what is your Router model number.
you can log in to your router from this address
http://192.168.1.1
You have to find the Line rate speed. All router shows its Line rate speed.
Like Downlod Rate 2048Kbps Upload rate 256Kbps
The above mention Line rate speed is the minium requirement speed for the BSNL ISP
if the speed is greater then the mention above then also good but lower then the above speed mention is not good.
So you have to find what your Line rate speed shows to your router before meet to your SDE.
Because some time if your Router set the ADSL Mode to wrong then line rate some time shows below then the minimum speed.

Motorola VT2442.
maybe ur missing out what i'm trying to tell...."it was working fine until sometime without me tweaking anything before". I looked inside the setup without changing anything, looking for what u suggested, and couldnt find anything of what u mentioned.....except for "WAN configuration which consists of PPoE settings like u/n, pwd, keep alive, authentication, mtu=1492 bytes, override mac, enforce mtu. if there is nething that i can furnish...pls lemme know.

Motorola VT2442it doesn't have the ADSL port it have the Internet port or another name WAN port.it doesn't show the Line rate because this device not directly connected to your phone line.you need a modem to connect this device Motorola VT2442.to check the Line rate you need to log in to your modem through RJ45 cable directly from your modem's LAN port. remember the Download rate should be 2048Kbps and Upload rate should be 256Kbps. If greater then this value then also good.After directly connect your modem to your computer vie RJ45 cable then setup PPPOE in your computer Desktop then log in to your BSNL ISP and check the speed.

I checked this way.....disconnected the router....then connected directly from the BSNL modem(Type 2- WA3002G4) and did the speedtest....the results were amazing.....256kbps download, 215kbps upload. i'm replying with this direct connection thru modem minus the router. now i'm going to try resetting the modem and start afresh and get connected back to VoIP connectivity thru router and rerun & test the speed. will keep u posted once again as I try the above. BTW.. when in browser i type 192.168.1.1 i'm not getting any modem login session. so the above mentioned results are directly without tweaking any settings that too minus the router. So I assume that there is something missing in the router which is causing this, hence i'll try resetting router and try. in the meantime if u have ne suggestions then do let me know.

The router WA3002G4 it's IP is different. In default the IP is 192.168.1.1
it's been change because your router Motorola VT2442 IP has been change to this address.
Remember when you reset your Motorola VT2442 it will change to http://192.168.15.1
To find out what is your current IP of WA3002G4 then set your LAN IP to auto assien IP address and if WA3002G4 has the DHCP enable then your LAN card get the IP address and Gateway.

in command promt type
ipconfig
then press enter
you can see the gateway IP address.
the gateway IP address is your WA3002G4 router's IP address from where you can log on to the GUI Web pages.

Feel happy to help you 🙂

thanks for the help pal. I just got better speed rates after trying resetting and restarting the router..i havent tried directly with the modem yet to tweak what u suggested. but for now i tested and got good download and upload rates 291 kbps download and 210 kbps upload. thats pretty nice. I should have done this before getting onto the forum. anyways better late than never.i was wondering that I havent tweaked anything specifically in the router before and after, except for resetting to factory default and editing only the WAN Configuration settings where in I add the u/n, pwd and keep alive fields. so why did the issue crop up earlier regarding the upload speed?? Infact i have power cuts daily for an hour so at that point of time I ensure that I switch off the router in advance, so the router does get cleared off its memory and starts afresh everytime I power on. then the issue of all this shouldnt arise.....but somehow it did. So i'm unable to attribute any specific reason for this issue.