Dataone Speed

• Thread starter Thread starter sanjitcx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,398

sanjitcx

For the last two days my Dataone connection is giving a speed of about 100 - 130Kbps. Is any one facing the same problem? Unable to understand what may be the cause, because two days time is a long time and in case of a technical problem at their end the BSNL must have noticed and corrected it.

Well the slowdown affected me yesterday...The line was down. After sometime, the modem connected but there was no data flow. And all of a sudden after 11am, the connection was up and running as usual...😀

Thanks for the quick feedback. I am from Ranchi and I have been told that the main server for Ranchi Exchange is at Kolkatta. Pl. tell your location

There was some problem in Dataone Network Tier2 layer yesterday here at Calcutta Telephones. From some exchanges Dataone was even not accessible.Though I do not know exactly whether the network problem is sorted by now.But BSNL people have detected the problem and hope will be sorted out very quickly, if not yet done.

i too have been facing the same problem for some days.. not sure, but think it has just been rectified... well since their launch there has been several such instances.. sigh.. pupudada

Well I may be OT but need some info.I was a DIAS user (till 2 days back). Had a steady stream not less than 70k any time and 90k to 110k during lean hours.In spite of me being aware about some slowness problem with DataOne I opted for the same.The only problem I find with Data One is that the steady flow noticed with DIAS is not there.However while accessing servers backed with huge bandwidth for file upload and download I am getting good speed better than DIAS.I am from Ooty, TamilNadu. Any others who have felt such a difference?What is the average speed you get (is it consistent?)Sandeep

well the speed is not consisten for me.. (kolkata). on centain days i get 30kBps while on some days hardly 10kBps... and also the flow of traffic is not so steady as it was when i got my connection (late march)... Pupudada!

btw, don't always blame ur ISP for the variation of speed...if u're using P2P (which in all probabilities u r), it's directly proportional to the number of sources...so look at that aspect as well before cribbing about ur ISP 🙂

70 to 110 K in DIAS. Thats phenomenal. You wont get half that in Dataone.Something wrong somewhere unless it is specific type of file which is being d/l at that speed.

BSNL Dataone offers Kbps or KBps ??He was quite happy with 70-110 K so I got a bit confused.DIAS is said to half speed of Dataone. 8 Kbps = 1 KBPs - am I right.

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Jun 22 2005, 07:24 AM
btw, don't always blame ur ISP for the variation of speed...if u're using P2P (which in all probabilities u r), it's directly proportional to the number of sources...so look at that aspect as well before cribbing about ur ISP 🙂
[snapback]13427[/snapback]
[/quote]

hmm i guess i know when to crib. i am a senior op (not a SOP.. `&' but a senior @) in the official #emule-english forum (yes have got that same nick over there), so i do know quite a bit about the number of sources, the queue-ranking et. all. apart from that also moderate quite a number of other forums linked to other p2p programmes.. i can tell with authentication that the problem is with the isp... also have a hourly package of `vsnl' and it always gives me better results than `bsnl' (proportionately). hey do this simple test. log into the #emule-english channel (network: irc.mindforge.org) via any other isp (yes even dial-up) and try to ping yourself.. most of them give you a healthy response. with `bsnl' u never get a response to the ping and also the lag is very bad... 😀 Pupudada!

hmm....well, that comment was not only directed to u, but also to all the other members, who may just read and hardly post their views...so they know what all things to consider before raising a hue and cry...and yes, that was just a help, no offences meant, whatsoever, if u felt so... 🙂