Dataone Speed POLL!

• Thread starter Thread starter neo_tech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,366

neo_tech

Hi all, heres ur chance to give ur opinion regarding the 256 kbps scheme of Dataone. come right in to POLL ur opinion and ur also welcome to post any comments on it.Neo

seriously dude.. I think this poll is redundant. I doubt there are _any_ bsnl dataone users of any bracket(256k, 384k, 512k,1mbit) who are facing speed issues. If there is a speed issue at all, then its a temp problem with the equipment at the exchange or some other problem but bsnl is not deliberately throttling the bandwidth. There was a speed issue only in the 2mbit business section 1 month back- the bsnl engineer admitted this, not sure if that problem has been solved.I have a 384k connection and I have gotten peak bandwidth of 1.42mbit and my regular speed is 450-600k.Your poll for the 256k should instead be-Excellent (32k and above)Good(25-32k)anything below this- call bsnl and complain.

bugatti...i think u should check the discussion board of www.bsnl.in and under Services section...there u'll get to know what users of dataone have to say about there speeds....80% of em r NOT satisfied and in those many of them get a poor speed of 4-5 KBps.

i accept those poll changes..but i can't change them now coz this board doesn't support editing polls

btw bugatti...u said that ui have a 384kbps connection that means 48KBps...and ur saying that u got 1.42mbit of peak speed...now that is around 150KBps...but hows that possible when ur on a 384kbps scheme? kindy explainalso what do u mean by 450-600k...is it kilo bit or kilo byte...coz theres much diff. in both of em!

Hmm.. don't know about bsnl.in's discussion boards..

I have a 384k connection which is 48KB/s = 2.8MB/min = 168.75MB/hr.
But I can d/l about 277MB-345MB/hr. In this post(http://forum.seo4india.com/update_74_GB_in_1_day-t947.html), I mentioned that I d/led 7.44GB in 24 hours = average of 310MB/hr.
So if you do the calculations backward, it is 5MB/min = 700kb/s = 87-88KB/s ..

How is this possible on a 384k scheme? I don't know. I have some 6-8 screenshots of files d/ling and my bandwidth meter showing 1.2-4mbit but all the screenshots are bigger than the file attachment limit.

thanks for that link Sushubh...hey bugatti u can now host the images on that link provided by Sushubh.am eage to c those imgs 🙂

I have met ( face to face ) about 10 - 12 users of broadband and each one is highly satisfied. 2 of them are s/w experts and running web developing cos and were praise for it. I have 2 connections myself and till now I am happy. I shall test run 2/3 comps tomm as I have lked them already right now. Let my staff say how it is when 2 comps run together. Then it shall be 3 and then 4/5. Im on Home 500 for 256 plan.

Originally posted by bugatti@Apr 29 2005, 01:49 PM
Hmm.. don't know about bsnl.in's discussion boards..

I have a 384k connection which is 48KB/s = 2.8MB/min = 168.75MB/hr.
But I can d/l about 277MB-345MB/hr. In this post(http://forum.seo4india.com/update_74_GB_in_1_day-t947.html), I mentioned that I d/led 7.44GB in 24 hours = average of 310MB/hr.
So if you do the calculations backward, it is 5MB/min = 700kb/s = 87-88KB/s ..

How is this possible on a 384k scheme? I don't know. I have some 6-8 screenshots of files d/ling and my bandwidth meter showing 1.2-4mbit but all the screenshots are bigger than the file attachment limit.
[snapback]8613[/snapback]
[/quote]
BSNL is providing KBps connection and not kbps. 384 KBps = 3072 kbps. So if u ar4e getting 1.42mbps i.e 1420 kbps approx then u are getiing 1/3 rd of yr rated speed