Dataone slow with p2p application

• Thread starter Thread starter spidy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,129

spidy

ISP
BSNL
Hi friends,I feel great as member of this wonderful site.I face problem from 10 feb 2008.I have plan home 500.And active donwloader from 2am to 8 am.bsnl working slow with p2p application like (utorrent,bitcomet,bitTorrent)I done all settings in p2p application which available on torrent sites. also done port forwarding.But still not get more than dl: 44 kb & ul 25 kbyoutube and other site surfing is fine but only face problem with p2p...I think bsnl give contract to private company for monitor and control band with usage, specially for p2p torrent sites.Please share your experience and solution.Thanks a lot.KEEP SHARING. KEEP SHARING. KEEP SHARING.

@spidy KEEP SHARING. KEEP SHARING. KEEP SHARING
"Amul" butter is very famous now !!!
Being an user of BSNL/BB, and this forum for more than a year, you should have become an expert by this time. Only 6 posts and your problem/s only shared !
May be you were too busy, to contribute/share/help other users..
Para two : Speeds depend on various factors, and you can try the speed optimizers
recommended/ posted in this forum in different threads. Try Tag speed , speed problems etc. .
TrackZapper-Connaction Booster -tz connection booster-free internet connection booster-download free pc booster
Hope to see your contributions/postings as an "Expert user" regularly.

Even i too suspect BSNL is throttling bandwidth. Because i too experienced slower speeds while using torrent clients. Now i have enabled encryption, and speeds are back to normal. Whenever i disable encryption, the speeds are of the order of 32 kBps to 50 kBps.

just to make sure go to some online port scanner website and make sure your ports are forwarded correctly... those websites will tell you if you have opened the ports successfully or not... Another reason could be that the torrent you are downloading may have very few seeds.. torrents with 3 or 4 seeds give very slow speeds!!

hmmm. i recently (few days ago) switched from bitlord (bitcomet) to utorrent and my downloads are fluctuating between 10 kB to the max 30 kB that i normally get on my UL plan... let me start another torrent or regular download (of ubuntu hardy alpha 5) and post the speededit: ya false alarm. adding another download (now i have 3) and the speed is fine - between 28 and 30 kBps on utorrent without encryption.you really need multiple downloads simultaneously to fully utilise your connection. i find for even my 256kbps connection i usually need at least 3 downloads. for an "upto 2mbps" connection im guessing you need way more for best results 🙂only rarely do i get full 256 kbps download speed with just a single download at a time...

Hi friends,

I feel great as member of this wonderful site.

I face problem from 10 feb 2008.

I have plan home 500.
And active donwloader from 2am to 8 am.

bsnl working slow with p2p application like (utorrent,bitcomet,bitTorrent)

I done all settings in p2p application which available on torrent sites. also done port forwarding.

But still not get more than dl: 44 kb & ul 25 kb

youtube and other site surfing is fine but only face problem with p2p...

I think bsnl give contract to private company for monitor and control band with usage, specially for p2p torrent sites.

Please share your experience and solution.

Thanks a lot.

KEEP SHARING. KEEP SHARING. KEEP SHARING.
may be you are downloading torrents which have very low seeder,i have no problem at all in this plan:yahoo:,i downloaded daily around 4GB:thumbsup:,so i don't think bsnl did some nasty things:evil: for p2p torrent sites.

My connection is slow not only when i use p2p but even sites open after sometime. BSNL is really slow today.

that could be a DNS problem.. Bsnl DNS servers are slow as they are over loaded..You could try switching to open DNS.their server ips are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

Seed doesn't always depend on the plan you are using. If there are not enough seeder for the specific torrent you are downloading, you won't get a good download speed.For eg: If there is only 1 seeder and his or her maximum upload speed is 10Kbps then your download speed for that torrent will be at a max of 10Kbps.