Dataone Modem Options

• Thread starter Thread starter ravindra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 9,456

ravindra

Hello,What wireless modem- router options do we have for Dataone Broadband?What plans do we need to have these?Kindly state the monthly rent and also one time buy price for the same.

Type - I modems are Huawei MT800, MT880, MT882, UT Star 300R, 300R2 - Rs.1200Type - II modem is Huawei Sterlite WA1003A (With Wi-fi) - Rs.1800Type - III modem is Huawei Smart AX MT841 (Without Wi-fi) - Rs.1500Type - IV modem is Huawei Smart AX MT841 with Wi-fi Module - - Rs.2000sales tax 12.4% extraYou can purchase any modem on any plan if the required modem is in stock.....

Could you highlight the difference between Type II and Type IV?It looks that Type IV is the updated model on display on the Huawei site and has three more ethernet ports.Other than type I, are other types available for rent?Would it be worth buying one of these against other expensive models say from D-Link, Netgear etc.?Your comments please!

QUOTE(ravindra @ Nov 24 2006, 10:24 AM) [snapback]69536[/snapback]
Could you highlight the difference between Type II and Type IV?
It looks that Type IV is the updated model on display on the Huawei site and has three more ethernet ports.
Your comments please!
[/b]
d
Both Type III n IV are same modems but with one differece that Wi-fi Car is provided with Type -V modem.

Type II has got only one ethernet and one USB port but Type - IV has 4 ethernet and 1 usb port.

If this ain't the rite answer to ur problem then plz ellaborate your problem.

hey guys, with the type IV modem, can you please tell me if it works as a switch also?? or is it just 4ethernet ports for internet??Can i transfer data aswell through different computers connected on it??

Currently i'm using a MT882, but want to upgrade to a type IV, i have 2 comp's at home....So wanted a switch as well.

1.Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. See at the bottom details.
Type IV is not given on rent.
2.Easy method to connect two computers is to buy a router. If you are having a laptop get a wireless router. Present modem supplied by BSNL will work in conjunction with the router.
3. Hard way . Few references given below. I read about 20 web sites last night including Microsoft KB ( Knowledge Base) web sites. Google search " connect two computers to Internet"

What's the difference between a Hub, a Switch and a Router? - Ask Leo!
Connecting Two PCs Using an USB-USB Cable | Hardware Secrets etc