DataOne gets disconnected EXACTLY every half hour

• Thread starter Thread starter juhitoy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 17,124
Well, I havent really faced this problem. Actually just got this connection a few days ago, so hoping that no such issues occur.I wanted to mention that once the connection was there for 4 (yes, FOUR) hours, and the tota download was a mere 1.6 MB ! (some problem with my download manager). Anyhow, so for me at least this problem of 30 minutes / 5 MB does not seem to have occurred.I do face problems when the ADSL link breaks off... so technically the connection is up, but no data throughput possible till the link is alright again, which takes a couple of minutes usually.

I am using Dataone since sep.20th 2005. From that day my net connection also disconnects between 30-31 mins and my observations are exactly same as juhitoy. When my download is less at that time disconnection occurs. And its exactly between 30-31 mins. I have also asked the costomer care several times. They have no answer for this prob. except usual one: "We don't belive its a fault from our side, still we are looking after that prob........". One thing I want to tell here, my dialup connection to BSNL server also disconnets in every 2 hours irrespective of downlaod amount. But as it was quite a long period I was regularised with it. 😉 I have also little doubt on earthing leakage which I am yet to rectify and be confirm. Whatever the cause may be but its really fraustating.

Originally posted by juhitoy@Sep 16 2005, 11:46 PM
Some one please respond to this very annoying every half hour disconnects ?

JJ
[snapback]25389[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi friends,

Even I am suffering with the same problem.My net Disconnects for every half an hour.And Also I am not able to download exe files.It became a very big problem for me.Anybody know the solution please help us.

Originally posted by juhitoy@Aug 30 2005, 06:44 PM
Hi

My BSNL Broad Band Dataone connection disconnects every half hour if I dont download at least 5MB in half hour. I called Bsnl technical people and asked them why ?. But they said that I have to look for that myself and that they have everything right on their side.

I am using Win XP with latest service pack (SP2)

If I download more than 5 MB in half hour, the connection stays on for unlimited time. When ever I just keep the connection on with out downloading or downloading small amounts (just browsing) it hangs up. I also checked my connection properties and have the "idle connection hang up time" to NEVER.

Please help

Thanks.
[snapback]23617[/snapback]
[/quote]

can u use diff OS and try like win2k.It might work.

Originally posted by kedar@Oct 11 2005, 07:31 AM
I am using Dataone since sep.20th 2005. From that day my net connection also disconnects between 30-31 mins and my observations are exactly same as juhitoy. When my download is less at that time disconnection occurs. And its exactly between 30-31 mins. I have also asked the costomer care several times. They have no answer for this prob. except usual one: "We don't belive its a fault from our side, still we are looking after that prob........".

One thing I want to tell here, my dialup connection to BSNL server also disconnets in every 2 hours irrespective of downlaod amount. But as it was quite a long period I was regularised with it.  😉

I have also little doubt on earthing leakage which I am yet to rectify and be confirm.

Whatever the cause may be but its really fraustating.
[snapback]28148[/snapback]
[/quote]

One of my friends suggested me to do the following things.

----------------
hi
to sole the problem
please type address 192.168.1.1 in the web browser log in with admin as user name and password then go to DNS option and fill the Primary DNS as well as Secondary DNS given by BSNL.
then
click start then run
type cmd and press ok
in the dos window type:
net config server /autodisconnect:-1
hit enter
reboot pc
that will disabled xp's annoying autodisconnect function

this solve the problem of dissconnection of dataone

thank you
------------------------

But when I tried 192.168.1.1 in my IE, it does'nt take me any where. It goes into MSN search for 192.168.1.1.

Has any one tried entering 192.168.1.1 and then logging into the router settings ?

Please reply if are able to enter into the router configuration by typing 192.168.1.1 into the IE (Internet Explorer) address bar.

Thank you.

Originally posted by juhitoy@Oct 18 2005, 02:53 PM
But when I tried 192.168.1.1 in my IE, it does'nt take me any where. It goes into MSN search for 192.168.1.1.

Has any one tried entering 192.168.1.1 and then logging into the router settings ?

Please reply if are able to enter into the router configuration by typing 192.168.1.1 into the IE (Internet Explorer) address bar.

Thank you.
[snapback]28893[/snapback]
[/quote]

You have to make some changes in LAN settings. Do the following:

Goto start>>control panel>>network connections>>LAN>>general>>properties.

Select Internet Protocol(TCP/IP).

Then click on Properties.

Now, use the option "Use the following IP address"

IP address: 192.168.1.100
Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0

Leave other fields blank and click 'OK'

Edit: Now you can use 192.168.1.1 through your browser to log onto your router. The default username and password for your router would be 'admin' without quotes.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by Positron@Oct 18 2005, 03:39 PM
You have to make some changes in LAN settings. Do the following:

Goto start>>control panel>>network connections>>LAN>>general>>properties.

Select Internet Protocol(TCP/IP).

Then click on Properties.

Now, use the option \"Use the following IP address\"

IP address: 192.168.1.100
Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0

Leave other fields blank and click 'OK'

Edit: Now you can use 192.168.1.1 through your browser to log onto your router. The default username and password for your router would be 'admin' without quotes.

Good Luck!
[snapback]28897[/snapback]
[/quote]

I did exactly as you told above. After making those changes I rebooted my PC and then got connected to net with Dataone and then I opened my IE and tried entering 192.168.1.1 and hit enter key.

Then my IE took me to this page
http://sea.search.msn.com/dnserror.aspx?FO...S&q=192.168.1.1

I have copied and pasted the above link that was in the address bar of IE after entering 192.168.1.1 and hiting enter.
I did not get any login box asking me to enter login id.

Please help.

Thank you.

Originally posted by juhitoy@Oct 18 2005, 06:02 PM
I did exactly as you told above. After making those changes I rebooted my PC and then got connected to net with Dataone and then I opened my IE and tried entering 192.168.1.1 and hit enter key.

Then my IE took me to this page
http://sea.search.msn.com/dnserror.aspx?FO...S&q=192.168.1.1

I have copied and pasted the above link that was in the address bar of IE after entering 192.168.1.1 and hiting enter.
I did not get any login box asking me to enter login id.

Please help.

Thank you.
[snapback]28899[/snapback]
[/quote]

I tried the following suggested by a friend and could get into router settings.
-----------
go to network connections:
Set your computer IP to 192.168.1.2
subnet mask to 255.255.255.0
default gateway to 192.168.1.1
-------------------------

But in the wan settings page, next to the connections type I have only three options - 1. Pure Bridged, 2. Static IP, 3. DHCP.

I don't have any option there to select the "Always on". What should I do ?

Thank you.

Originally posted by juhitoy@Oct 18 2005, 02:53 PM
One of my friends suggested me to do the following things.

----------------
hi
to sole the problem
please type address 192.168.1.1 in the web browser log in with admin as user name and password then go to DNS option and fill the Primary DNS as well as Secondary DNS given by BSNL.
then
click start then run
type cmd and press ok
in the dos window type:
net config server /autodisconnect:-1
hit enter
reboot pc
that will disabled xp's annoying autodisconnect function

this solve the problem of dissconnection of dataone

thank you
------------------------

Thank you.
[snapback]28893[/snapback]
[/quote]

could u please tell me what are this primary and secondary dns .how to get those values.I am able to enter 192.168.100.1 but i dont know how to change values of dns and even i dont know the values.Thank u.

Originally posted by padmavathi@Oct 18 2005, 10:09 PM
could u please tell me what are this primary and secondary dns .how to get those values.I am able to enter 192.168.100.1 but i dont know how to change values of dns and even i dont know the values.Thank u.
[snapback]28926[/snapback]
[/quote]

Go to your LAN properties, then change those values there.
When you do that, you will be able to log into your router configuration settings through IE by typing 192.168.1.1 into IE address bar.
Then change your WAN settings to "Always On".

Thank you.

Originally posted by juhitoy@Oct 18 2005, 08:36 PM
I tried the following suggested by a friend and could get into router settings.
-----------
go to network connections:
Set your computer IP to 192.168.1.2
subnet mask to 255.255.255.0
default gateway to 192.168.1.1
-------------------------

But in the wan settings page, next to the connections type I have only three options - 1. Pure Bridged, 2. Static IP, 3. DHCP.

I don't have any option there to select the "Always on". What should I do ?

Thank you.
[snapback]28917[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey,
even i got the same problem.In wan settings there is no option like always on.Then how to make that.Plzzzzzz help me and juhitoy as soon as possible.
We are suffering with this problem from many days.And Mr.juhitoy u told me that goto wan settings and keep the option to always on.Have u done that if so plz give me the solution.

Originally posted by padmavathi@Oct 20 2005, 01:00 PM
Hey,
even i got the same problem.In wan settings there is no option like always on.Then how to make that.Plzzzzzz help me and juhitoy as soon as possible.
We are suffering with this problem from  many days.And Mr.juhitoy u told me that goto wan settings and keep the option to always on.Have u done that if so plz give me the solution.
[snapback]29041[/snapback]
[/quote]

Do you dial out to connect to the Internet or do u have the internet connection ON when u switch on the computer ?

What ADSL modem are you using ?

Thank you.

Originally posted by juhitoy@Oct 28 2005, 08:39 PM
Do you dial out to connect to the Internet or do u have the internet connection ON when u switch on the computer ?

What ADSL modem are you using ?

Thank you.
[snapback]29818[/snapback]
[/quote]

I will dial out to connect to the net.and my modem is smartx mt 880

One of my neighbours face the same sort of problem. The dataone connection gets down every one hour for 1/2 hours or 1/4 hours. He used DSL502T router but have changed to Utstar modem300r hoping a better situation. But that did not solve the problem. He uses win98SE. His connection is 512kBPS businessplan. What do you think?

DataOne user manual

1. System Requirement for Broadband connection
OS Web browser, such as IE, is installed.
Web browser type Microsoft Internet Explorer®5.0 or Netscape Navigator®4.7or above
Web browser settings Enable JavaScript
Ethernet port NIC adapter
Enable TCP/IP
Preferably PC should be near by to phone line termination, less than 2 meters distance.

2. Physical Installation Procedure:-
• Following equipment is given your CPE box
i. Splitter
ii. Power Adaptor
iii. CPE-ADSL modem
iv. One Ethernet cable (RJ-45 connector) and Two normal phone cord(RJ-11 connector)
• Connect Phone line to ADSL Splitter in the line side
• Connect your phone to splitter at phone-interface with the phone cord supplied along with CPE box.
• Connect CPE-ADSL modem to splitter at Data/modem interface with RJ-11 cord supplied.
• Connect PC with CPE-ADSL modem with Ethernet cable
• Power-up modem through Power adaptor connectivity to power point.
Connecting More than one Phones/Fax parallel to Dataone Connection.

As shown below, the multiple phones can be connected using splitters. No phone/Fax should be connected before splitter.

(1) Phone Socket (2) Phone (3) Phone (4) RJ-11 Tel Cable (5) Splitter (6) RJ-11 Tel Cable (7) RJ-11 Tel Cable (8) Phone Jack (9) MT800

Mode of Connectivity to Dataone
Dataone may be accessed either through PPPoE Dialer from Your PC or using PPPoE mode directly through modem
1. PPPoE Dialer On PC
2. Directly through Modem

1. PPPoE Dialer On PC –

1.1 Configuring PPPoE Dialer in Windows XP

Step 1 : Double click on the Network connection.
Step 2 : Click on create new connection from left side list.

Step 3: Select connect to the internet .
Step 4: Click on next.

Step5: Select setup my connection manually
Step 6: Click on next.

Step 7 : Select connect using a broadband connection that required a username & password.
Step 8: Click on next.

Step 9: Give name to your connection in ISP name space.
Step 10: Click on next.

Example name given as BSNL.

Step 11: Just click on next key.

Step 12: Click on finish key.

Step 13: Give the username & password in this window.
Step 14: Click on connect.

After this user will be able to connect with the internet.

2. Directly through Modem

2.1 Configuring TCP/IP Properties on Your OC

Connect PC to CPE using LAN cable and power on the CPE and PC both. Ensure that LAN Link LED on CPE is glowing and in stable condition.

TCP/IP settings for Win9X
1. Go to Start-> Settings-> Control Panel-> Network to open the Network Control Panel.
2. Click on Configuration tab and search for the line containing TCP/IP. If more than one adapter is installed, then look for the line TCP/IP -> ( Ethernet adapter name ). Select the line and click on properties.

3. Go to the IP Address tab and Check Specify an IP address and enter the IP address 192.168.1.100 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0

4. Go to Gateway tab and enter the gateway IP address 192.168.1.1

5. Go to the DNS configuration tab and enter the DNS server IP addresses for Primary DNS as (61.1.96.69 – East, 218.248.255.145- South, 218.248.255.193- North, 218.248.255.177- West region) and Secondary DNS as (61.1.96.71 – West, 218.248.255.145- North, 218.248.255.193- South, 218.248.255.177- East Region)
6. Click OK and restart the PC.

TCP/IP settings for Win XP/ 2000

1. Double click on Local Area Connection and select Properties.

3. Select ‘Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)’ and click on Properties.
2. Select ‘Use following IP address’and enter IP address 192.168.1.100, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, Default gatway 192.168.1.1, and enter the DNS server IP addresses for Primary DNS as (61.1.96.69 – East, 218.248.255.145- South, 218.248.255.193- North, 218.248.255.177- West region) and Secondary DNS as (61.1.96.71 – West, 218.248.255.145- North, 218.248.255.193- South, 218.248.255.177- East Region)
3. Click OK.

2.2 CPE-ADSL modem of Huawei ‘MT880’ configuration

With this configuration, the third party pppoe software installation is not required on customer PC. Only TCP/IP address setting ( As per above procedure) is required.
i. Open the browser and type the url http://192.168.1.1.
ii. Type username admin and password admin in login window.
iii. On left panel, click on Home-> WAN Settings.

iv. Locate the parameter Wan Type and select PPP .
v. In next line select Connection Type as PPPoE.
vi. Select the Default Route ‘Enabled’.
vii. Scroll down the screen and locate User Name and Password fields. Enter the username ( For ex. xyz@dataone) and password provided by BSNL and click on Apply.
viii. On left panel select Tools->System Settings. Click on Save & Restart.

2.2 CPE-ADSL modem of Utstar make UT-300R2 configuration

Following steps are required to configure the UT-300R2 modem

Step 1. TCP/IP configuration of PC will be same as given at 2.1
Step2. Open http://192.168.1.1/ through Internet explorer as follows

Step3. give the username as admin and password as utstar and login as follows
Step4- After username & password , following will come

Step-5- Click setup and following screen will come

Step-6. - Select pvc_0_35 from WAN setup in above screen and enter

Step-7. - Select PPPoE from Type in above screen and enter

Step-8.- Give Your username and Password of Dataone account in the respective field as follows, then apply it and click connect for connecting to Dataone

After connecting to internet via Dataone ,

3. How to access Dataone e-mail and change the e-mail password?

i. Web Mail
Go to website: http://dataone.in. You can send and receive emails or change your email password (Your e-mail id will be same as login id).
ii. Server details for configuring Outlook express:

POP Server: smma.sancharnet.in
SMTP Server: smra.sancharnet.in (For configuration help refer the outlook configuration procedure given)

iii. Configuring Outlook Express for Dataone Email:-
Open Outlook Express --> Click on Tools --> Click on Accounts --> Click on Mail --> Click on Add -- Click on Mail --> Fill - Display Name: e.g. A K Sharma --> Click on Next --> Fill - E-mail address: e.g. aksharma@dataone.in --> Click on Next --> Select My Incoming Mail Server is a POP3 Server -> Fill - Incoming Mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) Server: nmma.dataone.in --> Fill Outgoing mail (SMTP) Server: nmra.dataone.in --> Click on Next --> Fill - Account name: e.g. aksharma@dataone.in --> Un-tick Remember password --> Click on Next --> Click on Finish --> Select the Account created and Click on Properties --> Click on Servers --> Tick My Server requires authentication --> Click on Apply --> Click on OK --> Click on Close.

Steps for troubleshooting

1. I am not able to Browse.
a) Check that ADSL line is properly connected, CPE is powered on and ADSL link LED is glowing in stable condition.
B) Check that LAN cable is properly connected to PC and LAN link LED is glowing in stable condition. If LAN LED is not stable then check that LAN cable is connected properly or replace the cable and check. In case the LAN cable is connected to LAN switch or HUB, you have to use a cross cable. If the LAN LED is still not glowing, then veify that LAN card is properly installed with suitable driver or get the help of your computer service person for doing so.
c) If all the physical installation is correct but still you are not able to browse. Then check that-
i. The TCP/IP setting are configured as desired with correct gateway address and DNS server IP addresses. To verify open the DOS window and type ping 192.168.1.1 it should give output ‘Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 timeWan Settings page. Check whether you have entered correct username and password and Default Gateway is enabled.

2. I am not able to send the mails using Outlook Express

a) Probably you have not coinfigured dataone email in your Outlook Express.
B) You have configured multiple Email accounts ( e.g. VSNL mail account) in your Outlook Express and default account for outgoing mail is other than Dataone Mail account. Some ISPs do not allow their SMTP access from network of other ISPs. Therefore you should make Dataone Mail as default account for all outgoing mails.
c) Our SMTP server needs authentication. Make sure you have ticked the ‘ My server needs authentication’ in account properties while configuring the Outlook Express.

3. I am a Business customer having our own POP server or mails with own domain but want SMTP service for relaying mails.

BSNL does not provide SMTP relay service for mail IDs of other than Dataone.in or Sancharnet.in domain.