DataOne user manual
1. System Requirement for Broadband connection
OS Web browser, such as IE, is installed.
Web browser type Microsoft
Internet Explorer®5.0 or Netscape Navigator®4.7or above
Ethernet port NIC adapter
Preferably PC should be near by to phone line termination, less than 2 meters distance.
2. Physical Installation Procedure:-
• Following equipment is given your CPE box
ii. Power Adaptor
iv. One Ethernet cable (RJ-45 connector) and Two normal phone cord(RJ-11 connector)
• Connect Phone line to ADSL Splitter in the line side
• Connect your phone to splitter at phone-interface with the phone cord supplied along with CPE box.
• Connect CPE-ADSL modem to splitter at Data/modem interface with RJ-11 cord supplied.
• Connect PC with CPE-ADSL modem with Ethernet cable
• Power-up modem through Power adaptor connectivity to power point.
Connecting More than one Phones/Fax parallel to Dataone Connection.
As shown below, the multiple phones can be connected using splitters. No phone/Fax should be connected before splitter.
(1) Phone Socket (2) Phone (3) Phone (4) RJ-11 Tel Cable (5) Splitter (6) RJ-11 Tel Cable (7) RJ-11 Tel Cable (8) Phone Jack (9) MT800
Mode of Connectivity to Dataone
Dataone may be accessed either through PPPoE Dialer from Your PC or using PPPoE mode directly through modem
1. PPPoE Dialer On PC
2. Directly through Modem
1. PPPoE Dialer On PC –
1.1 Configuring PPPoE Dialer in Windows
Step 1 : Double click on the Network connection.
Step 2 : Click on create new connection from left side list.
Step 3: Select connect to the internet .
Step 4: Click on next.
Step5: Select setup my connection manually
Step 6: Click on next.
Step 7 : Select connect using a broadband connection that required a username & password.
Step 8: Click on next.
Step 9: Give name to your connection in ISP name space.
Step 10: Click on next.
Example name given as BSNL.
Step 11: Just click on next key.
Step 12: Click on finish key.
Step 13: Give the username & password in this window.
Step 14: Click on connect.
After this user will be able to connect with the internet.
2. Directly through Modem
2.1 Configuring TCP/IP Properties on Your OC
Connect PC to CPE using LAN cable and power on the CPE and PC both. Ensure that LAN Link LED on CPE is glowing and in stable condition.
TCP/IP settings for Win9X
1. Go to Start-> Settings-> Control Panel-> Network to open the Network Control Panel.
2. Click on Configuration tab and search for the line containing TCP/IP. If more than one adapter is installed, then look for the line TCP/IP -> ( Ethernet adapter name ). Select the line and click on properties.
3. Go to the IP Address tab and Check Specify an IP address and enter the IP address 192.168.1.100 and subnet mask
4. Go to Gateway tab and enter the gateway IP address 192.168.1.1
5. Go to the DNS
configuration tab and enter the DNS server IP addresses for Primary DNS as (22.214.171.124 – East, 126.96.36.199- South, 188.8.131.52- North, 184.108.40.206- West region) and Secondary DNS as (220.127.116.11 – West, 18.104.22.168- North, 22.214.171.124- South, 126.96.36.199- East Region)
6. Click OK and restart the PC.
TCP/IP settings for Win XP/ 2000
1. Double click on Local Area Connection and select Properties.
3. Select ‘Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)’ and click on Properties.
2. Select ‘Use following IP address’and enter IP address 192.168.1.100, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, Default gatway 192.168.1.1, and enter the DNS server IP addresses for Primary DNS as (188.8.131.52 – East, 184.108.40.206- South, 220.127.116.11- North, 18.104.22.168- West region) and Secondary DNS as (22.214.171.124 – West, 126.96.36.199- North, 188.8.131.52- South, 184.108.40.206- East Region)
3. Click OK.
2.2 CPE-ADSL modem of Huawei
With this configuration, the third party pppoe software installation is not required on customer PC. Only TCP/IP address setting ( As per above procedure) is required.
i. Open the browser and type the url http://192.168.1.1
ii. Type username admin and password admin in login window.
iii. On left panel, click on Home-> WAN Settings.
iv. Locate the parameter Wan Type and select PPP .
v. In next line select Connection Type as PPPoE.
vi. Select the Default Route ‘Enabled’.
vii. Scroll down the screen and locate User Name and Password fields. Enter the username ( For ex. [email protected]
) and password provided by BSNL and click on Apply.
viii. On left panel select Tools->System Settings. Click on Save & Restart.
2.2 CPE-ADSL modem of Utstar make UT-300R2 configuration
Following steps are required to configure the UT-300R2 modem
Step 1. TCP/IP configuration of PC will be same as given at 2.1
Step2. Open http://192.168.1.1/
through Internet explorer as follows
Step3. give the username as admin and password as utstar and login as follows
Step4- After username & password , following will come
Step-5- Click setup and following screen will come
Step-6. - Select pvc_0_35 from WAN setup in above screen and enter
Step-7. - Select PPPoE from Type in above screen and enter
Step-8.- Give Your username and Password of Dataone account in the respective field as follows, then apply it and click connect for connecting to Dataone
After connecting to internet via Dataone ,
3. How to access Dataone e-mail and change the e-mail password?
i. Web Mail
Go to website: http://dataone.in
. You can send and receive emails or change your email password (Your e-mail id will be same as login id).
ii. Server details for configuring Outlook express:
POP Server: smma.sancharnet.in
SMTP Server: smra.sancharnet.in (For configuration help refer the outlook configuration procedure given)
iii. Configuring Outlook Express for Dataone Email:-
Open Outlook Express --> Click on Tools --> Click on Accounts --> Click on Mail --> Click on Add -- Click on Mail --> Fill - Display Name: e.g. A K Sharma --> Click on Next --> Fill - E-mail address: e.g. [email protected]
--> Click on Next --> Select My Incoming Mail Server is a POP3 Server -> Fill - Incoming Mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) Server: nmma.dataone.in --> Fill Outgoing mail (SMTP) Server: nmra.dataone.in --> Click on Next --> Fill - Account name: e.g. [email protected]
--> Un-tick Remember password --> Click on Next --> Click on Finish --> Select the Account created and Click on Properties --> Click on Servers --> Tick My Server requires authentication --> Click on Apply --> Click on OK --> Click on Close.
Steps for troubleshooting
1. I am not able to Browse.
a) Check that ADSL line is properly connected, CPE is powered on and ADSL link LED is glowing in stable condition.
B) Check that LAN cable is properly connected to PC and LAN link LED is glowing in stable condition. If LAN LED is not stable then check that LAN cable is connected properly or replace the cable and check. In case the LAN cable is connected to LAN switch or HUB, you have to use a cross cable. If the LAN LED is still not glowing, then veify that LAN card is properly installed with suitable driver or get the help of your computer service person for doing so.
c) If all the physical installation is correct but still you are not able to browse. Then check that-
i. The TCP/IP setting are configured as desired with correct gateway address and DNS server IP addresses. To verify open the DOS window and type ping 192.168.1.1 it should give output ‘Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 timeWan Settings page. Check whether you have entered correct username and password and Default Gateway is enabled.
2. I am not able to send the mails using Outlook Express
a) Probably you have not coinfigured dataone email in your Outlook Express.
B) You have configured multiple Email accounts ( e.g. VSNL mail account) in your Outlook Express and default account for outgoing mail is other than Dataone Mail account. Some ISPs do not allow their SMTP access from network of other ISPs. Therefore you should make Dataone Mail as default account for all outgoing mails.
c) Our SMTP server needs authentication. Make sure you have ticked the ‘ My server needs authentication’ in account properties while configuring the Outlook Express.
3. I am a Business
customer having our own POP server or mails with own domain but want SMTP service for relaying mails.
BSNL does not provide SMTP relay service for mail IDs of other than Dataone.in or Sancharnet.in domain.