Dataone broadband hacking

• Thread starter Thread starter ironcross77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 48,162
PAP auth packets in no way transfer port id.its a PPP protocol not related to the DSL ports

@amish
Then may be you can elaborate the things a little bit, please.
But before that may be you can read this: http://www.utstar.com/Document_Library/WP_TriplePlay.pdf

@amish"PAP auth packets in no way transform port id."If its a DSL connection, then PAP auth packets get inserted with home port information *by the iSMART*. And then these PPP packets terminate at the B-RAS where authentication is done. B-RAS is pretty much operates like a RADIUS for broadband connection."its a PPP protocol not related to the DSL ports"ADSL is implemented as PPPoE, its PPP frames inside ethernet frames.@mrityuthere is still one way of tracking, port binding or not, data always has to travel down a physical wire which is associated with the phone number. For the purpose of billing, they have to know the phone number to which amount has to be attributed 🙂

when u talk on phone, do u also speak ur phone number? no right?but still receiver can see ur number (CLIP) because exchange knows which wire the voice packets are coming from.same way ppp packets dont send port, exchange just knows which port its coming on.

oh god.. its an analogy.

How about something *a little technical* pertaining to the discussion at hand than an abstract analogy? 🙂

when u talk on phone, do u also speak ur phone number? no right?
but still receiver can see ur number (CLIP) because exchange knows which wire the voice packets are coming from.

And then exchange attaches CLIP info to a voice call when it forwards your call to another exchange.Otherwise, next exchange will be clueless abt caller.

Extending this to Port Binding:

PPP packets land at DSLAM port, which is attached to a phone line.
If DSLAM does not attach port information here, PPPOE Access Concentrator [Auth Server] will be clueless about the DSLAM port from which it received the request.

The way it is done is, iSMART will DELETE username info and replace it with actual telephone number [It will be Home-Port for this line].

If your telephone number is 234544, PPPOE server will see 234544 as username even if you enter something else.

That ways you will not be able to connect to someone else's account.

Three things:
1. It is not a fool-proof thing since iSMART can be left off on certain ports by manual error. These lines can login as anyone else if they know the password.
2. iSMART is NOT the only option.
3. Even if port-binding is off, phone number can be traced by looking at ATM frames [some layers below TCP/IP].

thanks netfreak for doing the tough part for which i am always lazy!

3. Even if port-binding is off, phone number can be traced by looking at ATM frames [some layers below TCP/IP].
The question is whether BSNL does keep ATM frame records for past months for everyone, especially even in unsuspecting cases.

Its not abt BSNL, BSNL will usually outsource network deployment. And it is usually done with some SLA. Whoever is doing actual work, will keep logs just for CYA.

haha...port binding 😛

i have an account for internet cafe and for home
because my isp tell that i cant use my internet cafe account at home

if u know how to use the account of my internet cafe to used at my home would you tell me ?

second, what is port binding