Dataone broadband hacking

  • Thread starter ironcross77
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 85
  • Views: Views 47,709
I

ironcross77

Newbie
Messages
12
Location
NA
ISP
Dataone/Hathway
Below is the screenshot of my dataone usage report (service records):
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2462/screenbj7.jpg

I am sure my computer was switched off from 15:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs on 20th
because I was sleeping at that time and no one except me uses the comp except me. I contacted BSNL customer care, but they denied everything. What do you people suggest I should do? Also if anyone has faced the same consequences please get in touch with me. Perhaps if we complain BSNL about it they will do something.
 
C

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Messages
3,471
Location
NA
ISP
TriB 749NU @ 2 mbps
change the pwd and keep it safe like your credit card details :D
 
I

ironcross77

Newbie
Messages
12
Location
NA
ISP
Dataone/Hathway
I change my password once a week. I have also changed the password of my router.Is there a way to get the phone number my account was accessed from?
 
D

desicooldude

Newbie
Messages
99
Location
NA
ISP
BSNL DataOne UPTO 2Mbps
I change my password once a week. I have also changed the password of my router.

Is there a way to get the phone number my account was accessed from?

Since they could do that for a dialup connection, i think i can be done for broadband too.
 
N

nightwolf2k5

local welder/Lobotomist
Messages
317
Location
NA
ISP
b-s-n-l
it probably can be done.. but.. knowing bsnl.. dont get ur hopes too high..
 
M

max

Regulars
Messages
2,750
Location
NA
ISP
MTNL
haha...port binding :p
 


V

venkatfcs

Newbie
Messages
30
Location
NA
ISP
BSNL BROADBAND
Your Braoadband connection is tied down to your phone no.No one use your broadband connection.
 
soroccoheaven

soroccoheaven

Messages
223
Location
Uttar Pradesh
ISP
Bsnl UL 675
port binding is not applied everywhere..just change your router/modem password and disable remote access,and finally change your dataone access account password.now you are safe (say 99 %) ..remaining 1 % is allocated to ISP..you can understand....:)
 
M

max

Regulars
Messages
2,750
Location
NA
ISP
MTNL
AFAIK, BSNL doesn't have port binding in place for all nos, yet. Thats probably why his connection got misused!
 
P

psp

Newbie
Messages
7
Location
NA
ISP
BSNL DataOne
I have been using BSNL DataOne broadband Internet Service Plan Home250 since November 2005.
My average data consumption(upload+download) per month is approx 300MB through DataOne.
But this month (i.e. June 2007) my DataOne usage log page is showing 11.250GB till 22nd June. I am very much sure that neither I nor anyone from my side have consummed this bulk amount of data. I have gone through the log page thoroughly and found many discrepancies. Bulk downloading shown between 18th. and 21st which is impossible from my side at the time shown.
My DataOne password is very lengthy and strong. Only I use this account and no one know the password except me. And I change my password once in a month.
I tried to contact DE Internal of my exchange through 2 telephone numbers given in the Calcutta Telephones Website all the day long, but no one picked up the phones.
I have been going through a very busy schedule and found no time to meet DE Internal personally at the Telephone Exchange.
I don't know whether this issue will remain remediless or not.
 
S

subham

Regular
Messages
106
Location
NA
ISP
BSNL
I guess port binding has not been implemented on all the DSLAM's in all areas. Btw, psp, how much would you have to pay now for 11.250GB?
 
V

visnbm

Regulars
Messages
221
Location
NA
ISP
BSNL
How strong or lengthy the password maybe, make sure to change your router password to prevent password theft.
 
P

psp

Newbie
Messages
7
Location
NA
ISP
BSNL DataOne
Convert 11GB to MB. Multiply with Rs. 0.90. You will get the amount.:)But who the hell will pay that? Atleast I shall not pay for what I have not used (consumed).:redface:
 
S

sourabh

Newbie
Messages
40
Location
NA
ISP
dataone
save the page as html..open html editor...change the vlaues...take the screenshot? :D
 
V

venkatfcs

Newbie
Messages
30
Location
NA
ISP
BSNL BROADBAND
What configuration you have made in the Modem?Is it always on Data one?If it is always on,go for the alternative-a dialer to connect to Dataone only when you desire.Tell me how many Indians can afford to have the legal software?In the absence of a strong firewall lots of communication goes from your system to the outside servers without your knowledge.I don't have always on Data one.Till date I don't have a single instance of unauthorised access.