• Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 11,090

shajul

ISP
DataOne
New version 2 (Beta) available..

Version 2 (July, 2009):
- Option to change settings by editing Dataone.ini file
- Option to Hibernate/Standby computer and wake up at 2:00 AM for downloads on supported computers..
- Many bugfixes and improved code

Hello friends,
Let me present you a software (freeware), intended to be used by DataOne broadband users in india, who have the night free (unlimited plan) of internet connection, eg Home 500, Home 500 C, Home 500 Combo plus etc.
This software can in addition, update dynamic DNS on every connection change of Dataone BSNL broadband internet.

Friends, let me apologize for my site being down for so long...

Now it is working fine, and downloads will not be an issue..

The site is www.shajul.net and the direct link is Dataone Manager

Documentation

Why use this software
1. More flexibility over the connection...
2. DataOne averages the data usage over the sessionand then substracts 6 hours (2AM to 8AM) worth of the download. So for users of free night plan from 2AM to 8AM, they still have to switch off and switch on their modem at 2AM if they want to get really night free from dataone..
In the western countries, probably they would have called it cheating and filed a class-action suit against BSNL, because, even if they claim 2AM to 8AM (Night unlimited free), it is not so!!

Example:
If you connect at 10 PM and disconnect at 6 AM and download 400 MB data,
downloading only during 2AM to 6AM,
still the average is 50 MB/hour.
So free usage is 50*4=200 MB and the rest (200 MB) is paid download!!!

This software allows you to connect and disconnect automatically at specified times, so that you dont have to wake up at 2AM!! ;-)
The schedule this software uses is:

[*] Connect at program startup ( default 3 tries )
(put it in windows startup to connect with windows startup)
[*] Disconnect at 1:58 AM
[*] Connect at 2:00 AM
[*] Disconnect at 7:58 AM
[*] Connect at 8:00 AM
[*] Manual connection-disconnection supported!
[/list]3. Support for automatic Dynamic DNS updating along with each connection!!

Hope you like it 🙂

Hello Friend, Good Software.. but the download link is not working.Request you to check & update the link...

Wow man,Wud be heaven if it works,Anyone tried it,I am on Ul900 but will still try it when i reach home :yahoo:

Hi, if i want to go for my sleep at say 10:00 PM, then wethear ur s/w has some macanism to stop all traffic from ur PC to Internet between 10:00-02:00 (some programs/viruses can download data if network connection is open). Is ur s/w reboot the ADSL Modem at 02:00, like "Imran's Broadband Helper Utility" does, bcz if u don't reboot the modem then BSNL can say that since u have started the modem in non-free time u have to pay all the data used during the connection. there r more features then these in "Imran's Broadband Helper Utility", try to compare it.

Version 2 (July, 2009):
- Option to Hibernate/Standby computer and wake up at 2:00 AM for downloads on supported computers..

The download link was providing the old version (1.2).. Please re-download.. Sorry for the confusion caused..

Version 2 (July, 2009):

Hello friends,
Let me present you a software (freeware), intended to be used by DataOne broadband users in india, who have the night free (unlimited plan) of internet connection, eg Home 500, Home 500 C, Home 500 Combo plus etc.
This software can in addition, update dynamic DNS on every connection change of Dataone BSNL broadband internet.

Friends, let me apologize for my site being down for so long...

Now it is working fine, and downloads will not be an issue..

The site is www.shajul.net and the direct link is Dataone Manager

Documentation

Why use this software
1. More flexibility over the connection...
2. DataOne averages the data usage over the sessionand then substracts 6 hours (2AM to 8AM) worth of the download. So for users of free night plan from 2AM to 8AM, they still have to switch off and switch on their modem at 2AM if they want to get really night free from dataone..
In the western countries, probably they would have called it cheating and filed a class-action suit against BSNL, because, even if they claim 2AM to 8AM (Night unlimited free), it is not so!!

Example:
If you connect at 10 PM and disconnect at 6 AM and download 400 MB data,
downloading only during 2AM to 6AM,
still the average is 50 MB/hour.
So free usage is 50*4=200 MB and the rest (200 MB) is paid download!!!

This software allows you to connect and disconnect automatically at specified times, so that you dont have to wake up at 2AM!! ;-)
The schedule this software uses is:

[/list]3. Support for automatic Dynamic DNS updating along with each connection!!

Hope you like it 🙂

i just want to give some suggestions to improve this software:

1.There is no need to create dataone.ini
2.Remove options like update dns and hibernate/standby till 2:00 AM
3.Disable Double click on system tray icon connect disconnect option
if someone click accidentally on it download would be interrupted

Disable these options

[/list]
options are mention on interface
and interface could be like this

and menu
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5167/menut.jpg

and icon
http://www.1pixelhost.com/images/owzl10e2b0boit4n8mcy.ico