Datafox: BSNL Broadband Bandwidth Monitoring Extension For Firefox

Indeed! Very strange essbebe,
when I updated my FF to ver. 5, DataFox stopped working,
so after reading your post, I removed DataFox and then
re-installed the add-on and now it's working perfectly!
Really amazing, won't you agree?
Thanks for your post. :thumbup:

In routine updates of addons: mine could have been updated.
version 1.9.2 last update @author 23rd March 2011.

I have some time and would like to update DataFox for the selfcare portals. Can interested users please send me their credentials - I need your credentials to navigate through the sites and modify DataFox accordingly; without these I can't make any modifications.I have NDC credentials but the site isn't even opening right now. Is it down often? What is the reliability of the other Selfcare sites?

@x720Please PM your userid AND PW for selfcare portal NDC to the author.The menu options are different compared to data.bsnl.in.The id and PW i gave him, from a user has changed the PW now.I think he is from wdc web site. any way will try again to get the details from my PM's here. ( if not deleted !!!) SDC selfcare portal menu options also different..

It appears that the NDC and WDC portals run the same framework; while the SDC and EDC portals share theirs too. I could get into the NCD portal now (it is still quite slow) but attempting to get any usage details results in a huge error page - it can't connect to the web service responsible for the details. Furthermore, the NDC site only works in Chrome for me, trying in IE 9 or FF 6 results in a "Sorry, your browser/program is not supported by Web Dynpro!" error. 😕essbebe, yes, I did try the WDC password you sent me all the time ago 🙂 - but unfortunately it does not work anymore, the password has probably been changed.

Umm, I am a bit skeptical about sharing my account details with someone as the portal contains my home address and telephone number.IE9 with compatibility mode.

Once I log in to the NDC site, I go to My Services > View Broadband usage - at this point, I get the error below. It's been like this since yesterday, even after repeated attempts. Is this working for you right now? Am I supposed to use some other steps to view the usage?

Thanks for the IE9 compatibility suggestion, that got it past the login stage at least.

I live in Pune, am not sure what I would do with your home address and phone number other than visit or call; which I certainly don't intend to do either; but I understand your reservations in sharing your details. I was trying to get some selfcare support in soon (preferably today) because I need to release a new version since Firefox 7 is now stable (DataFox officially compatible only with FF 6).

java.io.IOException: Cannot connect to http://10.202.208.3:7040/BroadBandUsageDetailsService/BroadBandUsageDetailsService?wsdl: Connection refused (errno:239)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.tools.WSDLDownloadResolver.resolveEntity(WSDLDownloadResolver.java:175)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.wsdl.WSDLDOMLoader.loadDOMDocument(WSDLDOMLoader.java:1019)

@infernalproteus

I can get the ID and PW from some users, and will try.
But ONLY IE to be used is a big roadblock .
I think the project is not worth spending time on it, and
sdc/ndc/wdc/edc users can continue to access the websites direct. with IE browser.!!!
. Inserts will be deleted later!

Datafox interest should be only to show summary details as for data.bsnl.in
( no break up possible )
appears I have used IETAB addon to get the screenshots.
However, I will update, after testing in FF and Chrome with the IDs/PW obtained.
Para twO;
for me data.bsnl.in PERFECT working.
Oct data not found>
[I M G]http://i54.tinypic.com/12555hj.jpg[/IMG]
[u r l]http://i54.tinypic.com/12555hj.jpg[/url]
i54.tinypic.com/12555hj.jpg
Thanks for your continued interest.
FEEDBACK .

I finally managed to get through to the site and the details for October are still not available, as essbebe stated. essbebe, so now there are three types of usage sites?1) Old 10.x.x.x sites (old users)2) data.bsnl.in ?3) selfcare sites (new users)?I thought the selfcare site had superceded data.bsnl.in - do you know, more accurately how users are split between these three sites? Can selfcare users get their details on data.bsnl.in too?Thanks for the screenshot.

1) Old 10.x.x.x sites (old users) yes with IP 59.xx.xx.xx id abcd @dataone.in
2) data.bsnl.in ? ( mostly for metros Chennai sure Myself : Kolkata/Bengaluru possible )
...................................Id abcd @bsnl.in Ip 117.xx.xx.xxx
3) selfcare sites (new users)? rest with 117.xx.xx.xx

Wait SDC selfcare
http://techforumindia.com/index.php?topic=4670.0

I have nearly finished mods for NDC support, was certainly one of the hardest portals to support till date. Given that WDC appears to use the same portal backend, I'd like to see if WDC works out of the box or requires only small mods before I release an update so I can include it. essbebe, any luck with those details? Any WDC users want to share their credentials? EDC and SDC support will have to come in a later version.

Any news about Datafox for Firefox 7. I will only install FF7 after Release of Datafor for this version 🙂