Datafox: BSNL Broadband Bandwidth Monitoring Extension For Firefox

What a piece of junk is this add-on?????? Its not at all logging into my account!!!!!!! Just a hell lot of options & features with not even a bit of usefulness!!!!!!!!!!

you have no idea what you are saying... datafox has been with us for years now. it's bsnl which keeps on changing their page structure breaking this app. and the developer behind datafox needs time to fix the app to work with the various bsnl data usage pages available to users around the country.

@coolvaibh2009
This Add on has been downloaded almost 100,000 times and one of the rare add ons by an Indian author ,approved by Mozilla /FireFox.
Works perfectly for users with Ip 59.xx.xx.xx
For users with Ip 117.xx.xx.xx NOT being redirected to Selfcare pages, should work
( Developer was given userid/PW for selfcare wdc site. ( you may PM same to him if needed)
As @ admin said , bsnl is decentralising the usage portal/s for 117.xx.xx.xx .
Also modified for use with Chrome browser.
Have you tried any other usage meter ?
Please report which one works now, to help others.

connected thread :https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/59378-datafox-bsnl-broadband-bandwidth-monitoring/
Any meter not depending on BSNL usage portal can be used like Shaplus NetworX etc.

Previously with my Old connection, there is a Portal ID for BB Usage monitoring.
But now I taken a New connection, now there is no Portal IDs , BSNL guys are giving CRM link and register here and so we can monitor.

Finally My question is " How can we use Data Fox now?"

I get the impression that of the bsnl selfcare sites, wdc and ndc work with more types of browsers than edc and sdc.For me, edc and sdc didn't work properly with Chrome (latest stable) and Firefox 3.6.10. With Chrome I got some textual gibberish. With FF, after displaying properly, the hourglass refused to go away so focus didn't come to the login.

^Yup, too many bugs on those sites to start addressing them. I stopped logging into the portals. I only use that bbusage.exe program now.

How Can I be So sure that u are not stealing my password????? lol

I have been using this addon since a year now. and is very good. and bsnl binds your userid with your telephone number so no other telephone can use your user and pass

With the time delay that good old BSNL sometimes update the usage data, it would be a great help if DataFox could display the last “Stop Time” from the account so that we know how up to date the information is instead of just the last time Datafox looked at the data. Keep up the good work. Alan

Not working for me :
I normally check usage at selfcare portal :
SAP NetWeaver Portal

I am from Punjab (Pathankot Circle)

I tried all the Domain IP listed in datafox
Which Domain IP should I use ? How do I add it ?

Thanks

Not working for me :
I normally check usage at selfcare portal :
SAP NetWeaver Portal

I am from Punjab (Pathankot Circle)

I tried all the Domain IP listed in datafox
Which Domain IP should I use ? How do I add it ?

Thanks

Firefox chrome browsers. for ip 59.xx.xx.xx and 117.xx.xx.xx data.bsnl.in site only
All selfcare portals have modified menu pages
Send your USERID/PW to author for modification in the application.
( if he has the time to modify the application )
you can download Networx from web and use it for a single system.
you can avoid recording free NU, if you wish.
In advanced settings by changing the color of the box for each day..
For users 117.xx.xx.xx portal data.bsnl.in

CRM I could get PortalUserID and PW from a member ,
and have sent them to the author @infernalproteus by email.

Other selfcare portal users of ndc/edc/wdc may do the same,
as they seem to have different menu items. to access usage data.
I could use for Ip 59.xx.xx.xx Bsnl Isp earlier
; now 117.xx.xx.xx Chennai circle. usage portal data.bsnl.in
FireFox Browser.

Hmm! Firefox 5 is now here! An update is needed for this extension I guess, please!

working OK. No update required.
for selfcare portals sdc/edc/ndc/wdc not modified.
data.bsnl.in ip117.xx.xx.xx( Chennai MINE) i and for users with IP 59.xx.xx.xx works fine.

working OK. No update required.

Indeed! Very strange essbebe, when I updated my FF to ver. 5, DataFox stopped working, so after reading your post, I removed DataFox and then re-installed the add-on and now it's working perfectly!

Really amazing, won't you agree?
Thanks for your post. :thumbup: