Datafox - Bandwidth Usage Monitoring Extension For MTNL Triband Broadband

/soumik/Your observation is correct. but Update finished in no time. This minor update. I think, was meant only for BSNL BB users with IP 117.xx.xx.xx. and not for BSNL old users with IP 59.xx.xx.xx( some changes were made by BSNL in the usage portal)and should not affect MTNL user/s. If any problem please report.

Yeah, the .xpi file is 81 kB in size, but surprisingly it shows 4.00 GB. 😉

Guys, I am currently working on an upgrade for the new MTNL site, a very rough version is already capable of logging in and obtaining usage details.I'm not sure what is happening with the night unlimited usage though. I use the Monthly summary view and take my details from the Grand total row. In the account I have been using, Accounted usage seems to be equal to Download usage but I'm not sure what is happening to the night unlimited usage. Are those records completely omitted from this table? i.e. Are all totals exclusive of download / upload carried out during NU hours?Brian.

^yup, the NU entries are not included in the session history table.

I actually received some conflicting information from another user, so just to clarify; the accounted usage (or the total download) in the Grand Total row is the usage that is going to contribute to your download cap. Whatever you downloaded "for free" is not shown anywhere at all. Right?Brian.

firstly, sorry for the late reply.

which site are you exactly referring to as the 'new' MTNL site?
is it for delhi or do you mean the site for @ users in mumbai? or is it the regular register.mtnl.net.in?

im a regular MTNL user in mumbai and heres how it appears to me:
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capturene1.jpg

the total usage mb does not include the free usage. also none of the free usage sessions are shown in the session history as well.

i do not know about the other sites.

Im afraid as in my case the grand total accounted download has both the (day & night ) added together.

Thats where my troubles begin how am i supposed to know whether the 1250 mb quota limit is over or not coz the entire value is summed up

this is the new link http://59.185.101.2:10080/jsp/Login.jsp

@ infernalproteus

I have confirmed with MTNL that the night usage will be added to the accounted volume download row but it will be subtracted from the bill.
He told me to manually maintain a log for day time usage to keep track of 1250 MB limit.
Can u imagine pay 849+ taxes and then u have to maintain a log for yr usage because MTNL won't fix their site any time soon.
😢

Can you please give me the link for Datafox for the new MTNL accounts (the ones whose username ends with "@a") ???? :madness:

Delhi does not seems to work at all. Got the 1.7 version on FF3. Checked the source and could not located WEB SELF CARE anywhere which is the login page to for usage/general information....

^^ everywhere it says talkToServer("http://" + this.domain ..... , so either this.domain is universally defined someplace else or it fetches the link from a server

^^ everywhere it says talkToServer("http://" + this.domain ..... , so either this.domain is universally defined someplace else or it fetches the link from a server

I searched for the IP as well of Web Self Care 202.159.215.149 but no where to be found...I am guessing that MTNL Delhi prob changed it....

There are now two MTNL Bombay sites, and in this version I updated it to handle the second site used for users with "@" in their usernames.

I had absolutely no idea that MTNL Delhi also has a new (or older?) site, DataFox only works for register.bol.net.in. So, you cannot check your usage at register.bol.net.in, only on this 202.159.. site? How long has that site been up? Can you guys tell me what is different about your broadband accounts that forces you to use this site? New connections? Special usernames?

I'm a BSNL user in Pune, if you guys don't tell me, there is no way I will find out. I'll need help to put this in, but will be in the next version of DatFox, perhaps a couple of months out. In the meanwhile, if you want to help, please send me a username and password I can use to add support.

Don't know how long has the new 202.159.215.149 been up and running for (I moved to India in January 09). Basically if you go to register.bol.net.in, insert your username and password it takes you to another page where you click the login button (only button available) and then it takes you to 202.159.215.149 (WEB SELF CARE) where again you insert the same username/password, click on usage summary and it shows it to you. I have now bookmarked WEB SELF CARE so I do not have to go through the long process.

any other info you need?

btw - I am more than happy to give you my username and password, if you want to check links and verify things etc...