Data Card In India

Yes you can use the same SIM. You will be able to use internet on PC/Laptop with data card.

What is the speed that you get with this phone? Looks like this phone supports EDGE.

thanks for replying, yes it;s EDGE compatible phone. about speed i am not sure but yes when you are getting internet service in just Rs 99 Unlimited it's not bad moreover i am using with Internet Speed Booster(Onspeed) if you are using any Dial up Connection i think you need than Speed Booster.

Still not clear your answer. i think you didn't understnd what i am trying to ask you.i using Mobile Office which is GPRS service by Airtel i am sure you are aware of this. now yesterday i called there Cust Service number that guy told me ---if you want to use Airtel Data Card you need to buy a different SIM you can't use the same SIM. and Plan are also different for Airtel Data card. so how this thing works. do i need to do somthing in that Data Card or it will works. if you are sure about it will be very nice thing for me becoz i am keeping 6630 just for Internet. if what are you saying will workd i can sell that phone.

Any SIM will work with Data card. I have even tried Hutch SIM and that worked. Only thing is, Airtel might not sell Data card without SIM and you will need to get it from Grey market.

Any SIM will work with Data card. I have even tried Hutch SIM and that worked.

Only thing is, Airtel might not sell Data card without SIM and you will need to get it from Grey market.

yes man you are right it's clearly mention in the Airtel Site as well {{{
Q. I am already using Mobile Office on my handset. Do I need to buy another Sim card?
No you don't require buying a separate Sim Card. However, we recommend that you buy a new Airtel Sim card as it would be convenient for you to keep the Sim Card inserted in the Airtel Data Card. In this case you can receive you phone calls on your existing number (in your handset) and you can surf the internet (through a different Sim Card) on the Airtel Data Card}}} it's clear me doubt that you don't need to buy a different sim only Airtel Data card.. thanks buddy thanks alot.

but you told us it;s 2000 but Airtel people told me it's for 4999. what should i do now? and what bill plan are you in on data card?

If you buy it from Airtel, its gonna cost 5k.But there is no need to buy it from them. Buy any grey market shop and you will get it for 2k.

I have been Using Airtal data card and it works just fine for me. Its paid for by office so don't know how much it costs.

Thing to do is:

1. Buy just the Data card (Not the SIM) from gray market . It will cost ~900 for card without EDGE and ~2000 for card with EDGE.
2. Get Postpaid SIM from MTNL, you get unlimited Data for approx 400.

I would like to know whether I can use prepaid airtel with this data card.. Does airtel provide Edge? by prepaid I mean. with mobile office??
Please reply to this quote.

I would like to know whether I can use prepaid airtel with this data card.. Does airtel provide Edge? by prepaid I mean. with mobile office??
Please reply to this quote.

Yes you can use the airtel with the gray market card. but I could not locate one in chennai. so I brought a new mobile with GPRS modem and EDGE and using it with airtel prepaid card. Air tel provide EDGE in Chennai and other major cities but in villages I am getting only GPRS connectivity.

I am planning to get a Airtel Data card with unlimited plan for my Laptop, the airtel ppl say that I would get 200 to 250kbps with their datacard, but that is only when EDGE network is available. The place where the laptop will be used is about 40km away from the city(chennai). I am afraid I will be having any EDGE network available over there. So, 1) Would I be getting decent speed with that data card without edge? (atleast 128+kbps..)2) Is there any other better data card options available by other providers. (As far as I searched Airtel seems to be good)

airtel datacard i believe is a bad bad deal. reliance one is a better option. me think.

I have been Using Airtal data card and it works just fine for me. Its paid for by office so don't know how much it costs.

Thing to do is:

1. Buy just the Data card (Not the SIM) from gray market . It will cost ~900 for card without EDGE and ~2000 for card with EDGE.
2. Get Postpaid SIM from MTNL, you get unlimited Data for approx 400.

from where can i get data card without SIM? is it possible for idea data card also? can i use idea sim with the Airtel data card? becausei am using Rs20/ per day plan with Nokia 3230. but speed is too slow.
please help me😕.

Nope .. you cannot use idea data card with Airtel sim. Data cards are network locked.

Nope .. you cannot use idea data card with Airtel sim. Data cards are network locked.
then why netfreak gives wrong info? can i buy a idea data card and use this sim with it?

‎!dea 3G Netsetter for Rs 1150 IF Any Body Wants !dea 3G Netsetter in Rs 1150 with net worth postpaid plan...contact me on 9540999750 AzharuddinFor Delhi users only....mind it