• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2,068

ajuravi007

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
New Delhi: The six-horse race of India’s private DTH operators has witnessed key changes among the front-runners and the tail-enders. Though Dish TV remains the No. 1 player based on gross and active subscribers, Bharti Airtel’s Digital TV — which was No. 4 until December — has emerged from the back to claim the No. 2 slot in terms of active users, pushing Tata Sky to No. 3 and Sun Direct to No. 4. Tata Sky, however, keeps the No. 2 slot in terms of gross subscribers. The tail end has been more interesting: Here, Videocon’s D2H, which was the last in December, in terms of gross and active users, has beaten Reliance Big TV on both parameters, pushing it to the last slot. The new pecking order is significant since Videocon was the last to start DTH services. Reliance Big TV is part of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group.

Dark horses disrupt DTH race order

It clearly indicates that TS is loosing business oppourtunity and Dish TV Fake HD Ads are attracting lots of customers. Only company achieving true customers without any false promises seems to be ADTV and d2h. Earlier news reports of Sun Direct to cross 7 million id doubtfull now. RDTV is as it is 🙂

Oh Man Sun Direct...i really hate...but yes for those who want to pay less for only regional channels especially tamil channels...SD might be right choice for them....TS is suffering a lot because of lack of channels as all the other DTH service provider (Dont consider SD) are havign many channels especially regional channels...they are offering atleast 3 regional channels in each language when compared to TS....This is 1 main reason TS is not attracted by regional users....TS issue only be resolved if they get more transpondners...i dont know when the day will come for TS to add more ergional channels....

TS is having tough time due to this ongoing TP crunch. But the day they will get TP, there will be lottery for TS Subscribers.

I am waiting for that lottery...Once i get the news that they have made deal for hiring new TP's for sure i will subscribe to MEga PAck...

To hell with regional channel carp. Need more HD channels.

Just wait for few more days. I am sure TS would have already planned something for it. RDTV will have to close its business if they continue to go this way.

Why you are stating that RDTV will have to close its business if they continue to go this way....Whats the problem with RDTV service...I am not aware of it...

They are losing the race month on month. Channel addition, marketing and customer service. Everything is going downwards there. I am saying this as per feedbacks from RDTV users on various forums.

OH Ok...I am just following TS threads and occasionally D2H threads....As for as DTH websites are concerend I like both TS & D2H both are simple to understand on the packs...

I am a recent entrant in DTH User list. So interested in all DTH Services 😛

Same here 2-3 hears back....

I was an active member in this form from 2006-2010.........

----------

Recently again picked up....

All DTH providers need more satellite .. and use multiple LNB ..Tht is the norm all over the world and won't be any different in India .. DTH providers just can't have a single satellite to meet the demand ..

In Present Scenario, I feel that each and every DTH Operator is running on its own track and they don't have any coordination kind of thing which exist between Mobile Operators.It would be best if they start sharing their Satellites and have some coordination in between them.