• Thread starter Thread starter oldtimer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,207

oldtimer

Geriatrix
ISP
bsnl 256kbps home 250 plan
hello friends.. somewhere i saw a strange post in this forum with a link to some you-know-what site. On hovering i saw a "snap" shot which was quite surprising!Moderators, please take note. All i can recall is that the post was made at about 5 pm today! The guy who posted is a "newbie". Surprisingly, i cant seem to find it now!!!

umm. spam posts are deleted as soon as i find them and i cannot stay online all the time.

as for that snapshot on hover. it works on any link which is not on this site. for ex. http://sushubh.net

i added this thing just as a test. but it seems to be working for people to see if a link is viewable or not. 🙂

That SNAP feature is for all external links! It's quite old now, and I don't find it surprising. It's quite a cool and handy feature, if you ask me.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Feb 23 2007, 08:52 PM) [snapback]80940[/snapback]
umm. spam posts are deleted as soon as i find them and i cannot stay online all the time.

as for that snapshot on hover. it works on any link which is not on this site. for ex. http://sushubh.net

i added this thing just as a test. but it seems to be working for people to see if a link is viewable or not. 🙂[/b]

The problem is not about the snap, but about the post. Sorry didn't mean to point it out as a lapse on your part. I understand it is quite a tough job maintaining a website like this. we are with you, Sushubh I am just being a responsible member that is all.
By the way, is there a "report abuse" link somewhere? I didnt search for it. I could have used that without all the adverse publicity for the site!!

Report button is just below where ur profile & net connection type is written 🙂

@ Sushubh

Can we have a button for deleting just our own posts just like you have it? I mean if not to all members, but just to the Believers? Because sometimes you mistakenly post something in the wrong section, or which is irrelevant. Each time PMing you for every single post is quite a tedious job.

umm... you do not necessarily need to PM everytime for a mistake post. i tend to check ALL posts on the forum for mistakes and delete them on my own. i tend to avoid enabling the option so that people do not delete their posts in between discussions which can possibly lead to confusion.editing a mistake post to add something like =mod please delete= should be enough... 🙂trust me, i keep a close eye on the forum. the report button is also there to inform me. PM is complicated slow and painful!

it just sends me a message. so does not matter whether its spam or a mistake post. i get the message.