• Thread starter Thread starter kambui
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,343

kambui

The Hardware Guy
ISP
BSNL Dataone Home 500 @ 256kbps
Sourav did it ...he proved to every SOB who said he should retire wrong....98 smashing runs!!....very sad missed out his century....but yes Chandupaul ...gave a good fight backbut i couldn't watch him play ...stupid CAS thing ...and the conflict with Neo Sports...crap!

so ur calling me a SOB? 🤔 i would wait for a couple of matches before changing my opinion.world cup is going to be the big test. and i expect some massive failures this time around.but then i am a pessimist.

I never heard you say .that Ganguly should retire...hmm.....if you said that ...then..sorry can't take back what I saidand yes ...even I am waiting for few more matches....may be next time we will see that century

I am not a big fan of Ganguly. But credit should be given to him - coz he was the leading run scorer for India in Tests in South Africa also

winning matches against teams like west indies on india soil?umm. not good enough for me. i have been hearing since last 10 years that we have the world's best batsman. which major tournament have we won in the last ten years?indian cricket team has been at best the most under performing team in the world. only real madrid full of 'stars' come near their under achievements. atleast they had the courage to get becham to sit on the benches! we won't even 'drop' sachin for a match if he is out of form. we use the excuse of injuries to keep the public emotions under control. we so called 'fans' are just maniacs.

West Indies beat us convincingly on their home soil so I would they are tough opposition so good for DADA to score some runs!

We do not have any other option besides cricket to cheer about. I know cricket is not a global sport but it is one sport we have a presence in. . So even if the Indian cricket team under performs we feel proud of whatever they manage to achieve as compared to other sports

we have a fairly decent presence in chess in the world.we also till some time back few decent players doing well in tennis winning some of the best titles in the world. of course we are the world champs in kabaddi.

agreed on what you said about sachin ....he won't be dropped even he has 20 ducks in a row ....but Ganguly was dropped and he came back...and scored runs in South Africa....where the whole team suffered.Discrimination is their in our cricket team...and we have to live with it

Ganguly's performance in the two ODI series should be enough to silence his critics. He was consistent right throughout & getting Man of Series vs SL was the icing on the cake. Hope he continues the dream run atleast till the World Cup 😉 .

this actually proves that ganguly wasnt trying hard when he was the captain and took his position for granted

yup he wasnt..complacency had set in..being dropped and having to fight for his place in the team has hopefully awakened him from his slumber. The same kind of treatment is needed for other complacent players.