D2H HD channel bitrate?

• Thread starter Thread starter insane79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,736
The EPG of my Cable line was pathetic. It was In Cablenet. The cable guy was pathetic. Despite of having an STB, i still had to watch TV over the standard "Thick Black" cable line (Dont remember what its called). Coz most of the times i cudnt see channels thru STB, which were visible over that other line!And all that, for Rs.300pm. Whereas right now, i am spending 314 pm, watching all channels i want + the HD channels, EPG is more or less accurate & the support....well our cable guy had a shop next to my building, and D2h has centralised call centres. Still, Cable problem wud take ages to solve, and now, it takes just 24 hours to solve.

Ohh Man, You were having hell lot of Issues with Cable. I can bet now, if you would be on Hathway STB and not having requirement of HD, you would have never moved to DTH. My Cable connection was not having any Issue, but Hathway failed to keep promise of HD launch in May, so I decided to move to d2h. But one more crutial thing which I noticed is that Hathway STB supports MPEG2 compression. So when I connected this STB to 40" LED, I can't explain how bad was PQ of many Channels. Although lots of channel were looking good, but the stretching of PQ was irritating.Also when I switched to d2h, I was not so impressed with the PQ, but Antenna Realignment and TV Picture setting had made the TV Viewing experience awesome as on date.Yesterday, I was watching highlights of Champions Leauge on Star Cricket HD and I noticed that Sound Quality was awesome. Background DJ of Stadium was so clear that I felt it was playing through commentry Channel.

I switched from Tata Sky HD to Videocon d2h HD because I really wanted ESPN HD so I could watch F1 and various other sport programmes in HD. I am disappointed by the picture quality compared to Tata Sky. There are more compression artifacts (which are VERY clearly visible on a large screen), the software on the STB is not as polished, and the STB itself is really flaky. I recorded the F1 qualifying this evening and while playing it back, it froze three times and I needed to rewind a little each time to unfreeze it. Also, it was supposed to record 30 mins past the end of the programme...it didn't and I missed the end of qualifying.Frankly I'm disappointed with their quality. I think the moment Tata Sky has ESPN HD, I will switch back. My two bits.

There can be only 1 reason for this - Ur Firmware isnt updated. Wait for an update cycle to pass, and once it gets updated fully, u wont be facing these type of issues. Just check whats ur "Download ID" right now. It IDEALLY shud be 21.And recording - U appear to be from Mumbai. So when theres a sudden outage due to excessive rain, it will interrupt ur recording. It resumes recording only after the signal is restored fully. I guess this handicap is faced by all DTH in areas with unpredictable weather.Otherwise, many of us have widescreens, and still we arent facing this issue that u have mentioned.

Recording Error can be rectified by contacting Service Engineer. It needs to be formatted and updated with latest software updates. I was having the same problem, but I resolved it by formatting it and now it works smoothly.Also ensure Quality Signal is 100% to get best quality PQ.

Thanks for the replies guys. I can't get into the installation menu (I'm assuming that's where one finds the PQ info, because I couldn't find it elsewhere) because I need a password and I don't know what it is. Any suggestions? Once I have that info maybe I'll know what the next step should be.

Installation password is - 1234.And when u go to Satellite management to check Signal Quality, Signal Strength, u will be asked for another password. that password is ur 4th, 6th, 8th & 10th digits of the 11 digit Serial no. of ur Smart Card.

Yes, I should have clarified, I am in the Installation menu but I cannot access the satellite menu because the 4th, 6th, 8th and 10th digits of my card number do not unlock that menu.:mellow: Any ideas?

Thats strange! This is working for everyone over here. R u sure its not working for u?

If sure, then drop in an email to their CC about ur complaint. They will send an engineer to solve ur problem.

----------

And yeah, believe me, it happens within a day or so. Dont know about the others, but these guys are pretty quick - telling from my experience & experience of others.