D-Link DWR-113 as a DSL + 3G router?

• Thread starter Thread starter abuyahya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6,889

abuyahya

ISP
BSNL
Would the D-Link DWR-113 3G Wi-Fi Router be a good option to use with YouBroadband?
I'm looking at this router as an option so that I can have continuous connectivity with a 3G Reliance Netconnect+ dongle as a backup. Would anyone of you recommend this setup?
Thank you!

I configured this router with a Reliance Netconnect dongle for a cousin this week. Range is pretty bad from what I experienced on my phone.
Need to clarify. Since the modem was installed in a factory with large open spaces... It is hard for me to know if I was expecting a bit too much from the router. Maybe I walked away too far away expecting it to work.
I am probably getting it wrong. Range might be fine. I was just in a huge place.

Thanks, chromaniac!
Is there any other model you could recommend for my purpose (namely, maintaining internet connectivity over Wifi with the help of a dongle, etc. when the DSL connection drops)?

Something that costs less than 4000 INR would be ideal, though I'd be interested in hearing about costlier options too.

Will this product be a good buy? Asus Dual-Band Wireless-N750 Gigabit Router (RT-N65U) Snapdeal seems to have a great price for it. I checked Asus's site, they say that the EC150 Huawei modem is supported. I have a EC159 modem - is it reasonable to assume that it will work with my model? From the links here and here, it seems like the major difference is in the weight between the two models - don't know what that means exactly 🙂

Well I ordered that product and it died on the 8th day of normal usage.
Snapdeal refused to refund or replace it because their TrustPay guarantee is valid for 7 days - the router seemed to have timed itself to fail at the proper moment for them.
I guess I'll need to contact Asus now!

Well I ordered that product and it died on the 8th day of normal usage.Snapdeal refused to refund or replace it because their TrustPay guarantee is valid for 7 days - the router seemed to have timed itself to fail at the proper moment for them.I guess I'll need to contact Asus now!
Can you explain what has failed? Try resetting the router, or update the firmware. You can also install asus-wrt merlin or dd-wrt and check. This is the dark knight router, doesn't fail so easily.

kumararvind said:
Can you explain what has failed? Try resetting the router, or update the firmware. You can also install Asus-wrt merlin or dd-wrt and check. This is the dark knight router, doesn't fail so easily.
WiFi devices couldn't connect (and the 5 GHz WiFi light went out). After a restart, it started working, only to stop again after several minutes. Later in the day, the 2.4 GHz, LAN and WAN lights went out too, and no device could connect to the router. Restarts wouldn't help anymore.
I tried placing the router in rescue mode but it refuses to enter it. I pressed the reset button, connecting the power supply simultaneously, and waited for the power light to come on, but that never happened. (It did actually blink slowly the first time I tried, but I hadn't connected my laptop via the LAN cable at that moment).
In short, no LED (except for the power one) lights up, and the router refuses to enter rescue mode.