D-link DSL2750U ADSL Modem+router with Beam

• Thread starter Thread starter ved_a
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 11,961
ISP
Beam
Guys,
I purchased D-Link DSL2750U from Amazon and realized that Beam does not have ADSL output from their junction box modem but has only one RJ45 out.
I connected LAN Cable (coming as out from Beam Modem) in the 1st LAN port of 2750U and connected another LAN cable in the last port which went into my laptop.
With this I could connect to internet as wired connection. But there is no way I can configure wifi using this setup.
Is there a way I can somehow configure wireless using this modem on Beam ?

disconnect the beam modem. connect your laptop to the first port, where beam rj45 output was connected. then open 192.168.1.1 from your laptop browser and configure. After you are done, retain original connections.
cheers.

I tried your suggestions and tried to configure the router as DHCP and Pppoe.. Both don't work. Can you share the correct configuration also?

You dont have to touch pppoe settings. Its for adsl purposes. Also keep dhcp untouched, used for assigning ips. Just change the settings under wireless. Show ssid, put a password under wep psk2,etc or something like that. I can send you a screenshot of my config later today if you want.

So essentially I dont run the "Setup Wizard" at all ? I will try this tonight and get back to you with the results.
Can you please share your setup screens in the meantime ?
Appreciate your help

No no, dont use the wizard.

@Siren, not working either. I did the following :
1. Reset the 2750U settings to factory default
2. Disconnected it from Beam modem connection
3. Connected RJ45 in the first LAN OUT port and connected it to my computer
4. Opened to 192.168.1.1 and without configuring anything else, just gave wireless settings like WPA2 key and wireless name
5. Rebooted modem
6. Now connected beam modem's RJ45 into 2750U's first LAN port
7. Restarted 2750U
8. Wifi got detected but could not connect to internet
Is this correct method ? do share your setup as well

just go to wireless and enable it.

then go to advanced and setup your network.

and wifi should be working fine.

Thanks for the setup help. However, I am not sure if you are using D-Link DSL2750U because my router UI is different. I did the same steps as you mentioned but still no luck.
1. This is how my menu look like

2. I setup wireless basic settings

3. Setup wireless security

Apart from this I have done nothing. After doing this, I removed the LAN port from router and connected Beam modem's LAN cable(coming as out) in 1st port of DLink modem.

basically you have to use your modem router as a router only, so these are the only settings to be done. I am using it as a modem router for my adsl connection, but have setup the same as yours at another place. Does it have to do anything with your D-Link MAC address you have to feed to BEAM modem ? Had encountered the same situation while setting up HATHWAY cable BB at my friend's place. We had to inform hathway about our router MAC address then only it got connected.
Secondly wifi is working means your dlink modem is working fine, it is not getting internet connection through beam modem.