D link DSL router with broadband connection

ISP
you broadband
I bought a D-Link wireless N 300 DSL@+modem router for my YOU broadband.But when i asked my ISP they said it wont work for my broadband connection.Is it true??They said it is compatible with DSL(telephone) but on the box it has written that ADSL(share your broadband connection).Please help me with this.

From what I understand Tikona is not DSL or ADSL. DSL/ADSL usually comes to your house through a telephone line. So the modem would work with Airtel/BSNL/MTNL type connections.
I could be totally wrong though.

I am using YOU broadbad yeah it is not telephone line i do have a modem through which i connect to internet.But on the box it is written that ADSL(share your broadband connection) by its ratings and reviews i bought this router 🙁

Has YOU given you a modem? If so, turn dhcp off on the D-Link, and set its IP to something in the range of the YOU modem, subnet should be same as that of the YOU modem. Connect the Ethernet cable to any one of the lan ports and check if net works via WiFi.Theoretically, this should work. Worth a shot.

I bought this modem for wi fi....mine is a broadband connection...
I have done everything but at last it says no internet access 🙁

I bought a D-Link wirelss N300 ADSL+Modem router,does it work with my broadband??I have a modem and with that cable i used to connect to internet.But in this router it has 4 ethernet ports and 1 DSL port,but the ethernet cable wont fit intto the DSL port.My ISP is YOU telecom.Please help me with this.