D-link Adsl Glb 502t Modem Over Heating

• Thread starter amn_urs
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 2
  • Views: Views 4,818
A

amn_urs

Hi i have D-Link glb 502t adsl modem for my dataone connection. And i have Linksys wireless router. It works fine for first 2hours. then it starts disconnects for every 10 to 15mts. it gets over heat. If i switch of my wireless routher and dont acess net it doesn't get disconnect for even days. I know that because of modem over heating only it is getting disonnected. I have replaced with new modem with the service centre. but no use. what may be the resollution? pls let me knowNurul

B

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
Although id ont have overheating problems, keeping ur router vertical may allow it not to become very hot. My router has a stand hat allows it to be put vertically. And i have felt that its a lot less warmer than planced horizontally. Also try keeping it near a fan

P

peelpress

ISP
dataone
QUOTE(boygr8 @ Mar 11 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]83043[/snapback]
Although id ont have overheating problems, keeping ur router vertical may allow it not to become very hot. My router has a stand hat allows it to be put vertically. And i have felt that its a lot less warmer than planced horizontally. Also try keeping it near a fan[/b]

Yes, absolutely correct. Let it Stand Tall (vertical) and enjoy. This problem was earlier discussed somewhere in the forum, so before posting, kindly surf the forum for such answers.