Customer support email

• Thread starter Thread starter girish1001
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,257

girish1001

A few days ago I requested Vodafone to change my data plan. I sent them an Email but they refused to accept it saying they needed a request in a letterhead since the phone was in a corporate name. This was my reply. Now I am waiting for theirs.Dear M/s. Vodafone, Since your organization has decided to step back in time by refusing to acknowledge emails as a mode of communication I have a few more suggestions to help you on your way to stone age. The next time a customer sends an email using Vodafone services, I suggest you make a print and send it to the recipient using a courier service. You might also want to look into the possibilities of transporting data packets using a fleet of bullock carts (2G) or horse drawn wagons(3G). For voice calls, you can provide futuristic solutions using smoke signals with your customer support representatives at both ends to translate the signals from voice to smoke and vice versa. (It might be a little troublesome getting clearances from the pollution control board before each call, but I am sure your company will find a way). Another value added service you might find interesting is the Morse code telegraph, I hear it helps in sending messages pretty fast, I don't know much about it, since it kinda faded out before I was born, but your technical innovation team might already be in the process of fine tuning it for implementation, so please check with them. Then there's caller tunes. In India we have a lot of unemployed people who aspire to be singers in Salman Khan movies, you can hire them at reasonable rates to follow your customers and belt out whatever tune they fancy (I am sure people will be delirious with joy when a man/woman standing beside them starts singing "dagabaaz re" at the top of their voice in the middle of a Monday morning audit meeting). Some people have a phobia about new fangled ideas, like my grandmother, she thought airplanes were dangerous and it was only a matter of time before one fell on her roof. I can assure you that emails are not dangerous and its probably FDA complaint as well. It is also a legally acceptable form of communication that has been proven in courts of law across the civilized world. Now, kindly acknowledge my previous email (look below in the mail trail and that is the registered mail ID for this connection. If that ID is good enough for you to send my bills and other assorted spam originating from Vodafone, I am sure its good for sending my requests to you as well) and do the necessary plan changes and confirm. If you still insist on a "letter head", I might have to take my business elsewhere, probably to a mobile service provider who has at the very least figured out that, there are no little people inside televisions acting out the movies nor is it rocket science for anyone to use an inkjet printer to print a letter head of "The President the United States of America" and declare war on Papua New Guinea. Regards, Girish Sent from my Windows Phone

ROFL :haha:

lol.. but will vodafone cc people even understand the satire; forget about taking any action on it?

A few days ago I requested Vodafone to change my data plan. I sent them an Email but they refused to accept it saying they needed a request in a letterhead since the phone was in a corporate name. This was my reply. Now I am waiting for theirs.

Dear M/s. Vodafone,
Since your organization has decided to step back in time by refusing to acknowledge emails as a mode of communication I have a few more suggestions to help you on your way to stone age.
The next time a customer sends an email using Vodafone services, I suggest you make a print and send it to the recipient using a courier service. You might also want to look into the possibilities of transporting data packets using a fleet of bullock carts (2G) or horse drawn wagons(3G).
For voice calls, you can provide futuristic solutions using smoke signals with your customer support representatives at both ends to translate the signals from voice to smoke and vice versa. (It might be a little troublesome getting clearances from the pollution control board before each call, but I am sure your company will find a way).
Another value added service you might find interesting is the Morse code telegraph, I hear it helps in sending messages pretty fast, I don't know much about it, since it kinda faded out before I was born, but your technical innovation team might already be in the process of fine tuning it for implementation, so please check with them.
Then there's caller tunes. In India we have a lot of unemployed people who aspire to be singers in Salman Khan movies, you can hire them at reasonable rates to follow your customers and belt out whatever tune they fancy (I am sure people will be delirious with joy when a man/woman standing beside them starts singing "dagabaaz re" at the top of their voice in the middle of a Monday morning audit meeting).
Some people have a phobia about new fangled ideas, like my grandmother, she thought airplanes were dangerous and it was only a matter of time before one fell on her roof. I can assure you that emails are not dangerous and its probably FDA complaint as well. It is also a legally acceptable form of communication that has been proven in courts of law across the civilized world.
Now, kindly acknowledge my previous email (look below in the mail trail and that is the registered mail ID for this connection. If that ID is good enough for you to send my bills and other assorted spam originating from Vodafone, I am sure its good for sending my requests to you as well) and do the necessary plan changes and confirm. If you still insist on a "letter head", I might have to take my business elsewhere, probably to a mobile service provider who has at the very least figured out that, there are no little people inside televisions acting out the movies nor is it rocket science for anyone to use an inkjet printer to print a letter head of "The President the United States of America" and declare war on Papua New Guinea.
Regards,
Girish
Sent from my Windows Phone

Hello Girish,

Please share your current and alternate contact numbers with us at http://bit.ly/147ISJI so that we can address your concern better.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care.

A few days ago I requested Vodafone to change my data plan. I sent them an Email but they refused to accept it saying they needed a request in a letterhead since the phone was in a corporate name. This was my reply. Now I am waiting for theirs.

Dear M/s. Vodafone,
Since your organization has decided to step back in time by refusing to acknowledge emails as a mode of communication I have a few more suggestions to help you on your way to stone age.
The next time a customer sends an email using Vodafone services, I suggest you make a print and send it to the recipient using a courier service. You might also want to look into the possibilities of transporting data packets using a fleet of bullock carts (2G) or horse drawn wagons(3G).
For voice calls, you can provide futuristic solutions using smoke signals with your customer support representatives at both ends to translate the signals from voice to smoke and vice versa. (It might be a little troublesome getting clearances from the pollution control board before each call, but I am sure your company will find a way).
Another value added service you might find interesting is the Morse code telegraph, I hear it helps in sending messages pretty fast, I don't know much about it, since it kinda faded out before I was born, but your technical innovation team might already be in the process of fine tuning it for implementation, so please check with them.
Then there's caller tunes. In India we have a lot of unemployed people who aspire to be singers in Salman Khan movies, you can hire them at reasonable rates to follow your customers and belt out whatever tune they fancy (I am sure people will be delirious with joy when a man/woman standing beside them starts singing "dagabaaz re" at the top of their voice in the middle of a Monday morning audit meeting).
Some people have a phobia about new fangled ideas, like my grandmother, she thought airplanes were dangerous and it was only a matter of time before one fell on her roof. I can assure you that emails are not dangerous and its probably FDA complaint as well. It is also a legally acceptable form of communication that has been proven in courts of law across the civilized world.
Now, kindly acknowledge my previous email (look below in the mail trail and that is the registered mail ID for this connection. If that ID is good enough for you to send my bills and other assorted spam originating from Vodafone, I am sure its good for sending my requests to you as well) and do the necessary plan changes and confirm. If you still insist on a "letter head", I might have to take my business elsewhere, probably to a mobile service provider who has at the very least figured out that, there are no little people inside televisions acting out the movies nor is it rocket science for anyone to use an inkjet printer to print a letter head of "The President the United States of America" and declare war on Papua New Guinea.
Regards,
Girish
Sent from my Windows Phone

Hello Girish,

Please share your current and alternate contact numbers with us at http://bit.ly/147ISJI so that we can address your concern better.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care.

I had a very similar issue. I was informed that I my connection was a corporate one and could not be processed if request came from personal id.All I had to do was change my registered email id from @gmail to @corporate account in My Vodafone and resend the request and presto, my plan change request was accepted!

The only thing good about Vodafone compared to Airtel is that their network coverage is better in some places. OTHERWISE VODAFONE SUCKS.I was planning to port my Maharashtra circle Airtel number to Vodafone. Now, I'll port to MTNL.