Customer Care not giving speed upgrade option

• Thread starter Thread starter koolkunz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,688
ISP
Airtel and Local ISP
I am on airtel v fiber 1099 plan but I get only 24 mbps. Yesterday night my line was down so I called and registered a complaint but after 2/3 hours the line was up and everything started working again. The engineer came to my house in the morning today and said that they had upgraded the "server" which supports speeds upto 40 mbps and that if I call customer care and tell them to upgrade it to 40mbps they will do it.

But when I called customer care today they said 24mbps is still the maximum for my connection.

How do I get them to upgrade because I know my connection supports it now because on my router configuration page it shows(exact values) :
Upstream Speed 9998 kbps
Downstream Speed 45000 kbps
Max Attainable Up 19062 kbps
Max Attainable Down 81648 kbps

Before yesterday this used to be something like this (not exact values):
Upstream Speed 8956 kbps
Downstream Speed 44531 kbps
Max Attainable Up 9962 kbps
Max Attainable Down 44648 kbps

Any suggestions on how to force airtel to give me the upgrade.

Tell me your Snr too.

Email airtel on their mail. They are better. Ask them to upgrade.

Make sure that Vfiber (VDSL) is shit with loads of shit performance if your current adsl is also disconnecting frequently.

Email 121@in.airtel.com

@mhsabir same here 24 mbps max. i sent alot of mails in past 6 months but its same reply " upgrade in process we will soon notify you when available."
tho they upgraded my upload speed (3 mbps to 5 mbps )

Tell me your Snr too.

Email airtel on their mail. They are better. Ask them to upgrade.

Make sure that Vfiber (VDSL) is shit with loads of shit performance if your current adsl is also disconnecting frequently.

Email 121@in.airtel.com
Attenuation Down Stream 13
Attenuation Up Stream 18
SNR Margin Down Stream 26.5
SNR Margin Up Stream 12.0

speed upgrade may not improve the performance......basically Airtel's Vfiber seems to be snafu😛

Your sync rate has already updated for the 40Mbps plan. The reason why they are not offering you the speed is most likely that they haven't yet updated their database for the fact that your line had be "upgraded" to support the higher speed.

Usually when ISPs upgrade the infrastructure of a particular area, once all the upgrades have been completed, the backend team then runs a "loop test" to see what is the maximum speed each line now supports after the upgradation. This is then fed into their database, the customer care uses it see what the particular line can support as "maximum". I would guess this process hasn't been done yet. Keep checking with the from time to time. It should become available eventually.

Last edited: