Current Unlimited Plans, Navi Mumbai - MTNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter monkee.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 23,283

monkee.

ISP
Reliance
Hey guys,Im from nerul, navi mumbai. Well, currently im in the philippines on vacation but i realized, once i get home (28th night), we wont have internet because the reliance wimax that we had ran out on may 5th.so basically, a week or two before we left last month ( we had left on the 29th ) for the ph, they had laid some cables presumably for internet and phone lines. Our building is relatively new ( itll be 2 years old this year ) and they had just laid the cables. What we heard from a resident before we left was that some MTNL dude had come and asked them if they wanted internet.Now before that, a TATA guy came to our place and my mom said we already had internet blah blah. But I managed to get a hold of that sheet with all the plans ( dont remember any now, but ill get home on thursday night ) but it said tata wifi adsl. Now the last time i heard wifi, it was from reliance and it meant wimax 😛. that ended up screwing all my pings in gaming. dont get me wrong, it was a brilliant connection 400kbps for 999 a month but i was getting 70-100ms to css servers in mumbai and around 130-140 ms in singapore.So once the wire was laid i figured that i would get a wired connection. Now since tata came to our door and mtnl to someone elses door, I want to know, whos better, in terms of price and customer support. Basically, we used to have a tata indicom plug2surf before we got the reliance wimax connection and after we got it disconnect on feb7th they sent us 2 or 3 bills for the monthly usage.. which we didnt even use. hell i didnt even know where the usb thing was.. 😛So basically, i want an unlimited connection from MTNL ( ill post the tata thread in the tata subforum ) and the price has to be 1k-1.2k per month and has to be a decent speed. Also, we managed to get the local cable guys number from a person in the building next door but didnt get the time to call him up 😛. So for me, what is a viable option. Please remember than im coming from a 400kbps connection @999 a month.

Well what i can say from my experience is that nothing beats MTNL any day. Sure MTNL is having some problems these days but they r getting sorted out. I my self using MTNL since May 2005.
I would suggest u to go with MTNL's 256kbps Unlimited plan for Rs. 999 or 512kbps Unlimited plan for Rs. 1599 or if u need more speed and download during night than MTNL's 849NU plan is the best with speed of 2 Mbps for Rs. 849 (NU time 12 am to 8 am). I'm too using 849NU plan.
Cable wallah's internet r useless and those Wifi or Wimax too r useless as u dont get range and Reliance is known for high billing.
My internet speed as of now and always. I'm from Palm Beach, Navi Mumbai.:thumb:

well I would take the NU but i also game a lot... probably around 6-8gb of usage goes in gaming.. and another 10 in downloading 😛Also rohan can you ping these servers for me please?202.63.160.44202.63.171.122202.156.3.184thanks. I just want to know if these are consistent. Also, is the MTNL line a fiber line or copper line?

Copper line launched in 1994, still relying on studpid technology called ADSL2+;Not even ADSL2+, this mode fails with majority of users!G.dmt works with majority of them which cant provide speed 2mbps without losses and CRC errors!Don't rely upon MTNL; if u r seriously interested in hardcore gaming opt for cable net like hathway/fivenet/pacenet.I m not owner of any ISP or MTNL hater; but I m saying this through my extremely bad experience with MTNL!MTNL hai toh pachtana padta hain!😡

Cable services cannot be recommended to anyone simply because they will vary from area to area depending on your cable operator , a crap cable operator will mean crap service even if the ISP is fine

Who told you G.DMT modulation doesnt support speeds > 2 mbps

In telecommunications, ITU G.992.1 (better known as G.DMT) is an ITU standard for ADSL using discrete multitone modulation. G.DMT full-rate ADSL expands the usable bandwidth of existing copper telephone lines, delivering high-speed data communications at rates up to 12 Mbit/s downstream and 1.3 Mbit/s upstream.

That is why ADSL2 supports a max 2*12 mbps speeds

Cable operators suck in field of troubleshooting since they themselves are technicallly dumb;

These guyz belong to field of Cable TV enetertainment and ISP's government policies and Cablwallah's DAGAGIRI prevents technicians to reach End Home Users!

For e.g-
Suppose my CAT-5 cable needs to be crimped or my net not working I cant call fivenet technician directly; Cablewallah wont let it happen, if that thing is out of his reach then only he will bring ISP employee into picture.

But tell me one thing,
Do MTNL babus expert in troubleshooting? Do 1504 callgirls are expert in handling calls and giving information to Dumbass who search where is RUN prompt where to type 'cmd' etc.

Forget MTNL, other DSL provider ISP's like airtel/tata has d same policy.

I can bet my life for prooving MTNL is foolish ISP;
Its d hype created by people who are carried away by mouth publicity.

People fall prey to ads like only MTNL can provide speeds upto 2 Mbps.

----------

Cable services cannot be recommended to anyone simply because they will vary from area to area depending on your cable operator , a crap cable operator will mean crap service even if the ISP is fine

Ask amish, he will recommend you to change your modulation to G.dmt;

G.dmt is crap technology compared to ADSL2+

Also rohan can you ping these servers for me please?
What r these pings for and they r to be pinged in cmd isn't it, correct me if I'm wrong??
And monkee don't pay any heed to chinmay(No hard feelings chinmay), MTNL is the best in Navi Mumbai reasons
1> There r power cuts in Navi Mumbai which r very much irregular and so while there is power cut u cant use the cable wallah's internet but u can use MTNL as it is not dependent on power(till u have a Inverter to power up the ADSL router and ur PC/laptop)
2> During night u will easily get speeds above 200KBps which is very good.
3> I will any day suggest MTNL to anybody against cable wallah's internet.
And if there is a problem with MTNL u can call 1504 and they help or else send a technician over to ur house on the same day. And in MTNL's internet u just have a ADSL router and a telephone line. So there aren't many things to worry about.
Chinmay is against MTNL because of his own smartness by subscribing 2 telephone lines and 2 internet connection and having to foot a bill of 13k.:hysterical: Reference below.
https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/46898-mtnl-saga-help-needed/
MTNL is the best any day.:cool2:

Copper line launched in 1994, still relying on studpid technology called ADSL2+;
Not even ADSL2+, this mode fails with majority of users!

G.dmt works with majority of them which cant provide speed 2mbps without losses and CRC errors!

Don't rely upon MTNL; if u r seriously interested in hardcore gaming opt for cable net like hathway/fivenet/pacenet.

I m not owner of any ISP or MTNL hater; but I m saying this through my extremely bad experience with MTNL!

MTNL hai toh pachtana padta hain!😡

Dude i would love to go for cable net.. but thing is.. i dont know if its good/existent in my area (the cables just got laid.. but im thinkin since mtnl showed up..it has to be copper).. have to call the dude when i get back home..

Well I know a person whos used this cable dude so i can ask her anyway..

What r these pings for and they r to be pinged in cmd isn't it, correct me if I'm wrong??
And monkee don't pay any heed to chinmay(No hard feelings chinmay), MTNL is the best in Navi Mumbai reasons
1> There r power cuts in Navi Mumbai which r very much irregular and so while there is power cut u cant use the cable wallah's internet but u can use MTNL as it is not dependent on power(till u have a Inverter to power up the ADSL router and ur PC/laptop)
And if there is a problem with MTNL u can call 1504 and they help or else send a technician over to ur house on the same day. And in MTNL's internet u just have a ADSL router and a telephone line. So there aren't many things to worry about.
Chinmay is against MTNL because of his own smartness by subscribing 2 telephone lines and 2 internet connection and having to foot a bill of 13k.:hysterical: Reference below.

Well, these pings are to two gaming servers in mumbai and one in singapore. in cmd, type

ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx or
ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t ( which is infinite pinging, can be stopped with ctrl+c )

Are you sure about the 200KB/s? I wouldnt trust it cuz it can be a burst speed.. and I torrent a LOT so burst speeds dont count.

About the power cuts.. well.. meh.. I dont have an inverter or UPS to run my desktop ( desktop is fine with the power cuts.. its got a great PSU to handle voltage fluctuations ) so frankly, when power cuts occur, its not much of a great nuisance to me except I lose maybe an hour or two of download/play time.. which is cool cuz i spend time with the family anyway..

well I have upto the 28th to decide what im going to get.. cuz ill get home that night.. and after that no internet till.. well i get a provider.

Also, can you do me a HUGE favor and find out from

http://www.fivenetwork.com/Link4.html

if 5net if available in nerul?

tell me one incident where ur call got connected to 1504 in less than an hr, and without any furthur delay that MTNL dumb call girl solved ur problem.
MTNL hai toh zindaki barbaad hai!
I already prevented 15 users from joining MTNL, switched 8 users to Cablenet.
Rohaan may be u r next victim of MTNL! and my 9th client.:dance:

ANd what u know about latency timings, haan? Have u ever played games like CS, COD4, fifa 09??
Try to play with international servers, my friend.

Even with mumbai's servers MTNL ping times are >60-65msec. With international servers it may go beyond 1 sec.
On the other hand Fiber optic gives u ping times less than 10 secs.(See my speed test)

Wake up guyz, some people r resistant to accept the change. Rohaan belongs to that category!

you may JUST have your 16th member who was prevented from joining MTNL.. we'll see what my mom has to say when she reads this thread. Prevention is better than cure.

Thnx 4 not faliing in d trap of 2Mbps trap of MTNL!

Trust me with 400kbps connection which I m using rightnow is at least twice faster than MTNL broadband.
This is due to least ping times which I m getting with my fivenet's fibre optic network.

2 Reasons for this-
1. MTNL's DNS servers are overloaded, one may say switching to opendns is a better option;
OpenDNS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But friend, opendns is similar to Google Chrome's policy which they had to remove because of controversies. Its like getting AIDS inspite of using all d necessary protection. Because someone's always watching u!

2. MTNL's copper wires are not capable of giving fast latency times; U will notice it when u play games on international servers. 20 Yrs old technology, still running in 2009, My goodness!

If u want practical example then b ready-
I may like you to meet you to my friend who's using Cablenet since last 3 yrs.
He's d one whos mom is working in Prabhadevi Telephone Exchange; but still she has refrained his son from using Triband.

Think if this is d case with an employee, then what a common man can do with MTNL??

I m telling this through personal experience; check my posts in yr 2008, i was foolishly writing great about MTNL triband, used to help users in troubleshooting; Actually I was doing duties of a MTNL babu who never got paid for d work he did!

Any clarifications regarding the issue? Critics are always welcome!

What makes you say copper is not capable of good ping times ?A fast path connection has very little latency..8-9ms to the core..MTNl provides around 160ms-180ms to UK on average for me.

may be u r too close to exchange.When I was MTNL user I used to get 50~60msec for Honesty net solutions and 400~999msec for international servers.I m 1.2km from Goregaon Exchange!Enjoying LAN gaming currently!!