Creation of the Biggest Private R2R Peer Network - Starting Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

I am Aishwar. In my last post, I asked some reviews about Reliance.

I applied for the connection on 13/04/2012 and got it activated and working 18/04/2012. No big deal for me. I was busy exhausting the remaining ~70GB in my Airtel account 😀 Well. Now that I have it and it's just been a few hours but I am getting decent speeds. It's direct cable to my PC so the connection doesn't drop when the power goes off, no FUP, fixed charges per month. Hell a lot better than Airtel.

But I am reaaaally greedy! 😛 So now I want to start a Reliance-2-Reliance peer network of torrents. As we all know, if a Reliance user uploads, on the receiving end if there's a Reliance user as well, the speeds will be insane! So that's what I would like to have. Now, I am not sure if this forum allows such a topic but even if it doesn't, my request to the Admin and the Moderator(s) is that at least just keep this topic alive so people can see this.

Posting of torrents links/requests, etc. will NOT be made as replies to this thread. Rather, whosoever are interested in giving this a try 😉 please add me on mediafirecaptain@yahoo.in (when I say add, I mean add me on the messenger for chat).

So I'll be waiting for friend requests now 🙂 Hope this will be a start of a great revolution for all us Reliance users 😀 HAIL NO FUP!

As we all know, if a Reliance user uploads, on the receiving end if there's a Reliance user as well, the speeds will be insane!

Are you sure about this part? I am not certain about the MEN infrastructure, but it is not possible in the conventional ADSL technology.

If it's Metro Ethernet, it *is* possible, but generally only within that particular area or within the same city only - you wouldn't get insane speeds between users in different cities, even if they were both using Metro Ethernet, but if both Reliance users are in the same area, then, like many cable-operator networks around the country, you will get decent speeds between users on the same ISP (this is not unique to Reliance).

yes i agree with mgcarley u will get insane speeds only when a reliance user of ur city will seed some files. i usually shares my files with some of my frnds with in same city through strongdc++ with 5-6Mbps of speed.

Right, I have seen this happen with a few movies I downloaded using utorrent.Aishwar, which city are you from?

Right, I have seen this happen with a few movies I downloaded using utorrent.

Aishwar, which city are you from?

Lucknow 🙁 I see you are from Kolkata ..

If it's Metro Ethernet, it *is* possible, but generally only within that particular area or within the same city only - you wouldn't get insane speeds between users in different cities, even if they were both using Metro Ethernet, but if both Reliance users are in the same area, then, like many cable-operator networks around the country, you will get decent speeds between users on the same ISP (this is not unique to Reliance).
That is why even though Romania is one of the poorest countries in Europe it has the best P2P networks. All thanks to local microISPs.

That is why even though Romania is one of the poorest countries in Europe it has the best P2P networks. All thanks to local microISPs.

Yes and no. Most of these Micro-ISPs don't talk to each other which does create a similar problem to here where the traffic has to go elsewhere (outside of Romania) to be switched over... but within the local networks the speeds are generally not limited and are otherwise pretty good. AFAIK RDS is trying to solve this by buying up these tiny operators (literally a few buildings at a time), and I often get a lot of people from this ISP connecting to me as torrent peers and mostly they're pulling at least 10mbit/s at a time.

Ukraine might be a better example than Romania though - the model is quite similar, except my experience there is that ISPs *do* talk to each other at the exchanges in each city, and the domestic traffic is really cheap, so if you're downloading from within the Ukraine you get either 10 or 100mbit/s (according to what you pay for) and then you pay for x number of megabits of international capacity - anywhere from US$6 to US$100 a month accordingly - and this is actually a pretty decent model, in my opinion: in Kiev I had about 50mbit/s International and 100mbit/s domestic, in Odessa I had about 10mbit/s International and 100mbit/s domestic, I think.

If India had a similar model, promotion of domestically produced/hosted content would be way easier and all the VoD platforms that have been talked about since... as long as I've been here... would be able to take off much better... and of course, Internet would be a little cheaper and FUPs less restrictive. I'm all for lots of peering.

Thanks for the explanation and yes I've noticed the thing about Romania as well, infact I find that my dedi finds it hard to compete when sharing files with Romanian peers, not only do they download fast but they upload fast as hell (between each other). So, in a swarm with ro peers I almost always get ratio-nalized.

^ The joys of fast, symmetrical connections 🙂By leaving my torrent client open 24/7 I'm finding my ratios are becoming a bit nicer... done much more than my fair-share of uploads in the past month or so (with all my rationalization of FUPs, I'd probably be heavily criticized, I'll put it that way). However, I feel we're now off-topic. Let's get back to talking about Reliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.