crap 256 pure unlimited

• Thread starter Thread starter kuldeep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 79
  • Views Views 18,448

kuldeep

Regular
Hi, 🙂 i was using 256 night unlimited. and used to get proper speed like 30-35 kbps. but i m so foolish i've taken pure unlimited(thats what they say it) 256 kbps. (1100 Rs per month) and getting aroung abt 10-15 kbps speed in day time. and also in the nights sometimes it works fine, but most of the time downloading speed is drastic. i use bit torrents and even with files more than 1000 seeds speed is like 17-20 kbps. i think it really bad service and if u compalin abt that to sify customer care. they don't even care and say we'll look into the matter. can anyone help me out with that. and if any moderator is listening to this can check this out. i think that is their hidden tricks they'll say 256 but in night it will be fine sometimes but in day. i m sure it is abt 64kbps.please sify ppl do something otherwise if anyother company comes in competition u'll lose all ur customers like nothing. :angry:

i have been cursing them for like 2 years now. they don't seem to have suffered much as people expected them to. they are present in locations no one else is and that makes it tough for consumers to leave sify for anyone else. it's a bad business plan in the longer run. the reputation they have in the mindset of people won't change easily and once the ISPs are more widely available, Sify would realise what a blunder they committed in the early days of broadband connectivity.

Originally posted by NeO@Mar 13 2006, 10:32 PM
256kbps pure unlimited for 1100/mnth 😱
Which pack is that?
[snapback]44436[/snapback]
[/quote]

YAR ITS A NEW PACK. THEY'VE JUST INTRODUCED IT. COSTS ABT 1100+ CABLE MAINTAINACE NOW( s**t)..

I HOPE WE COULD DO SOMETHING WITH THESE COMPANIES. YAR I WORK IN IBM AS TECH SUPPORT EXEC FOR 2MBPS BROADBAND. AND HUMARI COMPANY KI FAT TI HAI YAR BECAUSE IN UK THERE IS AN ORGANISATION CALLED OFGEM WHO TAKES CARE OF ALL THE ISSUES CUSTOMERS ARE FACING WITH THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS. AND TAKES GOOD CARE OF ALL THE CASES.

plz dont use caps.Where they have introduced dis pack ,I dont think its in Mumbai.Give me the link where it is mentioned

Originally posted by NeO@Mar 13 2006, 11:15 PM
plz dont use caps.
Where they have introduced dis pack ,I dont think its in Mumbai.Give me the link where it is mentioned
[snapback]44445[/snapback]
[/quote]

hi
i m in delhi so i m really not sure abt mumbai. i used sify dialer to renew my acc. and got it there. u can find that with customer support ppl. or check on websites as well. but i'll recommend u to not to use that pack. itss really crap yar. u'll download much data in night than using throughout the day.

take my words.

Only the night pack of sify rocks first it was 128kbps night now its 25kbps night 😀 Rest all packs r crap dunno y ppl waste der money on it.

i m really hopeless guyz. i don't have anyother option. and speed now was 10kbps at 1 in the night. as soon as i get access to aitrel or any other provider i'll kick sify out. they r pure crap in name of pure unlimited.and those cute guys :angry: sitting in sify customer care centre taking their salaries without doing anything :lol: . please yar do something....or else..... u guyz better knowmay god help them

The catch is: Upload speed capped to 8kbps but download remain 32kbps (Got this confirmed from the CC ) .So torrents will not work ok on this. My friend is using this pack and get torrent speed not more than 10kbps. A real shame on Sify.

if upload is capped to 8 u can still get full 32 if u use some common sense. Since the global up limit is 8 kBps . so when ur downloadin a torrent cap the torrent badnwidth to 4kBps upload and dont disturb the global upload speed. u will get 32 kBps if sify is offering . now when u finish downloadin u can ease of the cap and do ur wrk.

Torrents works on ratio. If u can't give 32 u will not get 32 until and unless u r the only downloader of the torrent . So if ur upload speed is limited to 8 u can't get over 8-10 in download.

torrent ratio rulez apply when u want to download a torrent not after that ie when u start downloadin and after that normal BT protocol rules takeover of data distribution. but u can easily get 32 kbps of sped with 4-6 kbps upload.people with 2 mbit down and 512 up still get 2 mbps 🙂 Read the peer transfer explanation i hav given earlier in this forum and u will knw wht i am sayin or still better read Bran's documentation.