Cracking BSNL 3G data card to use Different SIM

• Thread starter Thread starter cruiser91
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 65,648

cruiser91

ISP
BSNL 3G
HI Guys... As I hav realised ...its wastage of money and time to try BSNL in my cityIs anyone has any Idea about cracking this data card so that we can use different sim like AIRTEL and DOCOMO... as of Now when we try to insert other sim than bsnl...it gives error as INVALID SIM..PLz someone help out!!!

Don't know whether "cracking" is the correct term at all! Frankly, I don't know at which stage the SIM identification occurs. Could be in any one of these (or other) places..1. Within the datacard hardware itself2. Your desktop installed BSNL software3. Within the network, just before registering. If it is not in stage 1 then it is clear that BSNL hasn't locked your hardware anyway, and so couldn't care less where you used the card.. if it is either in stages 2 or 3, then I believe, you may have to use proprietary software provided by your new Mobile service provider after migration, even if you retain the datacard. If the cards generally follow some standards, they could be compatible with your new software. I agree all this a lot of conjecture, but this was the general line of argument hinted by my engineers when I bought the card. I remember they told me that the card is not sim-locked.BTW,Has 3G from other providers become operational in your area?

Don't know whether "cracking" is the correct term at all! Frankly, I don't know at which stage the SIM identification occurs. Could be in any one of these (or other) places..
1. Within the datacard hardware itself
2. Your desktop installed BSNL software
3. Within the network, just before registering.

If it is not in stage 1 then it is clear that BSNL hasn't locked your hardware anyway, and so couldn't care less where you used the card.. if it is either in stages 2 or 3, then I believe, you may have to use proprietary software provided by your new Mobile service provider after migration, even if you retain the datacard. If the cards generally follow some standards, they could be compatible with your new software.
I agree all this a lot of conjecture, but this was the general line of argument hinted by my engineers when I bought the card. I remember they told me that the card is not sim-locked.
BTW,Has 3G from other providers become operational in your area?
Well u can see the locked status of other Operators... when u choose to "Manual mode " for Network.. there
One cellone status is Registered.. one is available......... Aircel and vodafone are available...
but AIRTEL Ind Tata and others are having status as "FORBIDDEN"
I noticed that .. BSNL and Aircel Sim has similar design circuit in their sim....and Airtel and rest others hav different but similar to each other...

so I think the data card is programmed to read only one type of Design..

And btw.....I wasnt talkin about other 3G sim operators but GSM operators..

I just did that couple of days ago and now using IDEA SIM in that. Its working perfect.

BTW, can you please tell, what USB modem model you are having?

I just did that couple of days ago and now using IDEA SIM in that. Its working perfect.

BTW, can you please tell, what USB modem model you are having?

Hi vmsanandh
m so hopeful to see one has cracked this data card.... Please help me crack mine too...
m using USB modem 2.0 directly into my laptop pc (not using any USB connector)
Is this u wanted to know?

Please specify in details ...how did u cracked this (Teracom BSNL 3G data card)

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

btw....m so sorry for the delay in reply..
I was out of town

Sorry buddy. I ve no idea abt TERACOM. I have Huawei and easily unlocked it with a software which was specially for unlocking Huwaei only.

I am using micromax mmx300g data card and it is fully operational with all networks, just need to fill the suitable settings according to network..

it shows invalid SIM.but I m noticing...datacard LED become green after few mins as bsnl but on next min it shows 'Invalid SIM' and closer dialer on ok button of message.

dear i've same modem and facing same prob. plz tell me if getting any solution for unlocking lw272 (teracom). i've another modem also which is vodafone k2540 plz help me unlocking that also

Instead of unloking u can use a trick to use other sim's on the teracom modem lw272.
This example is for GPRS enabled Airtel sim.

1. launch bsnl 3g modem software using bsnl sim.
2. Goto connection tab and create new connection by clicking the tab "add".
3. Type the required name in profile filed; *99# in number filed; and airtelgprs.com in APN filed and click apply,
the settings will be saved.
4. Now click on the new connection you just created and click the tab "set default".
5. Now go to network tab and set network selection to manual and click on apply tab.
software will start searching for available network n after some time the available network will be listed.
6. click on the airtel network in the list and now remove the modem without closing the software and replace the sim with Airtel and put back the modem into usb slot.
wait for "network" and "connection" tab to get highlighted, u will get error message saying that, "invalid simcard, bsnl 3g modem will close". Donot click on ok and leave the error as it is.
7. At this stage modem should be glowing with green led, if it is glowing green go to "start" menu, "connect to" and right click on "3gmodem", and properties. (If it is not glowing close the 3g software and reopen it.)
8. In 3gmodem properties click on general tab and type *99# in phone number filed and click ok.
9. Now go to "start" menu, "connect to" and click on 3gmodem now press on dial, if connection is sucessful window will show "registering your computer on the network" and then "authenticated".
10. Now open your browser and try opening any website.
show

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

for other n/w s just use diff apn ...instead of airtelgprs.com use TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET for docomo...