I mean they remained isolated, resisted everything, doomed their whatever economy they had for what? Omicron got them.

i mean delta caused the most deaths. but at the time vaccination had just started in india.
omicron has not been that deadly but people were vaccinated by the time it arrived.

People have reported a lot of post covid complications after being infected with Omicron.

I mean how can you even tell if it is specifically due to omicron or you had undetected long covid from a previous variant? Ivermectin is causing a lot of complications in people who took it despite not recommended for covid.

For me delta was pretty bad. But as Sushubh says that there was no vaccine in my system. Fever stayed 103 for 2 days continously even with bonkers medicines and steroids. My father had his both doses and it was very mild for him and my mother had 1 dose it was mild for her too.
Omicron was very mild for me, but for everyone else it was quite bad sore throat and high fever. Major take away from omicron is weakness it leaves behind.
Everyone tested positive with a CT score of around 18.
Symptoms between the two were very different. Delta brought in loss of smell and taste but nothing of this sort for omicron.
Time taken in recovery in omicron is much less as compared to delta. It could be due to change in medicine or vaccine as well.

Delta is clearly far worse, i had Delta with fever for 10 days and lung damage recovery took 4 months. Most people dont even know if they are infected with omicron. I may have already had omicron also.