Cops in India are now tracking torrent downloads to catch pirates

more corporate require their employees working from home to connect to office network through a VPN. if vpn is made illegal, these companies would probably have to force their employees to come to offer for every single thing that needs to be done.

ibm is a good example. you need a vpn to connect to company's servers to access emails. at least in case of my friend.

But the bad news is, it is much easier to granularity classify popular VPN services like ipredator & hma as they have predefined set of exit nodes. ;-)

well that's true. but i guess it would be a while before airtel inc start targeting VPN services. i mean how many people are going to pay over what they already do to airtel?HMA still has more than 200 nodes. and i guess they would be more than happy to add more in case their existing nodes are blocked by ISPs. it hurts their business!

In that case running VPN from your vps/dedicated server hired from cloud services based on countries that has better privacy policies.

for example. they have blocked certain twitter accounts. but they are easily accessible from mobile and desktop twitter apps using twitter api. government of course is happy as individual links are blocked.right. that would largely depend upon the policies of these hosts. i mean i am sure hosting companies in usa would not like their servers being used for piracy. 😀 Linode here might be offering you a vps with root and all that... you would probably result in some red flags if you start using it to torrent american copyright media as their IPs would appear on the torrent clients 😀i mean i already pay shit load for the dedicated running this forum i can save myself 5 euros on ipredator. but i do not want to because i do not want to find out that my host had to shut down my server because of complaints from mpaa/riaa 😕

I mentioned in earlier reply using Linode is worse than running without it

i misread it 😀keep me posted. i am fairly happy with ipredator as they do not care about knowing my name or my address and respond to support queries rather well. 😀

Its been some time i downloaded any regional sh!t , not because of these threats or something , simply coz , they all S_CK ! In the recent times , almost all movies are either copied or a remake of old movie , or remake from other language movie or same old story with different actors .

Only very few movies are good , ie not to say , comprise only fraction of the thousands of movies released in India. And we shouldn't be even surprised , if this was coming . They (producers , directors) blame on piracy , but in fact its just their crap movie which no one is willing to see . I recall once , when i had a talk with a fellow who said " XYZ movie is not even worth spending your time , even if its on VCD (pirated) ".

Even if you wish to see a movie in theatre , just try to book a ticket on weekends in cities( Chennai , sathyam ) , you cant . People dont have time , and when they have , there isnt much options either.

Also its time , these production companies start new ventures , like streaming , rentals etc. Already tons of movies are uploaded on a daily basis to YouTube. I lost interest in movies nowadays , unless its by good directors (Even Mysskin failed me 🙁 ). Have switched to web series(Vault , H+ etc ) , games (dota 2 😀 ).

Last but not least :

DEAR FELLOW DOWNLOADERS , JUST WAIT FOR A F_CKING MONTH/WEEK , YOU CAN SEE XYZ MOVIE ON TV ITSELF. TOTALLY NOT WORTH YOUR BANDWIDTH

One more thing , i was about to buy Bachelor party songs from Flyte. They just lost one more sale(genuine).

If these stupid producers think that the 1000’s of people who downloaded these movies, were actually going to buy the original DVD’s if the torrent was not there, they are badly mistaken.Every one downloads stuff when they are free, but if Iam asked to pay 50Rs for an original copy of a movie like “bachelor party” I would never do that.Having said that, I really hope someone would raise the issue of copying from foreign movies by the director of this movie and get him and his producer also sent to jail!

All new Malayalam movies are crap, no offense but this is a bitter truth. I don't even remember when was the last time I downloaded a Malayalam movie. Everyone in my family becomes so anxious when there is an ad in TV about a new movie to be telecast in TV. But when they watch it, they just switch off the TV in just half an hour.