Cops in India are now tracking torrent downloads to catch pirates

ahh can't imagine wt will happen to all those kids living in the hostels and all those who just use the net for latest movies and mp3's lol
blog hosted in sweden..
dedi box in de globallayer
private box for routing traffic ? yes.. hosted in ukraine..

looks like i would have to consider switching to a seedbox myself. speeds through VPN have been terrible in the last couple of weeks. 😱

Some seedbox providers give you VPN access as well (basically have openVPN installed)

Before you start policing torrents like the west,give us the 100mbit/s broadband like the west.
Anyway,who in the right mind would download a Malayalam movie? Ughhh...You deserve to go to jail if you watch and enjoy one of those crapfests.

Here is the thing. Just because you do not like a specific genre of content, it does not mean others do not like it as well.
Also… Local content is likely to be targeted here because copyright is not universal by default.
If I download an indie movie in India from the internet without paying, I might not be breaking any law because the owner of that content might not have copyright over it here in India.
Eventually, all major media companies would have local presence here in India allowing them to target copyright violators as well. Most of them like Fox and Universal already are in India.
So better safe than sorry.