Coonecting To A Laptop And Desktop At The Same Time

• Thread starter Thread starter bhoosuran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 4,672
hey, As per your suggestion i bought Linksys wrt54g, and also configured the modem as per that calcutta site.. Please guide me further, how to go about it .. i would want to connect my laptop as well as my Desktop with it.. My laptop is wifi enabled.

also, when i connect the Rj45 cable from the modem to the Linksys modem, and try to configure through the Cd given alsong with the router, it says, internet connection not detected by the router.

^ I hope that you have user's guide for the Router .
it has detailed instructions for the setting up .
pls follow the guide .

and you may see this topic .
if you have any doubts , pls post here .

^ someone having experience with this router should give step by step instructions ... I have to simply give the general procedure orcopy from the user's guides / other sources ...pls tell me whether you have installation guides( both Quick Installation Guide & User's Guide ) .btw , where are you Located ?

hey, well.. it does have a user guide, and i have done everything it says.. however, when i connect the cable from modem to the Linksys, and the wire from linsys to the pc, i dont seem to get any internet on the computer.. My pc's ip address is 192.168.1.10, modem's is 192.168.1.1 and router's is 192.168.1.2. After making all the connections, i am only able to ping my linksys sucessfully and not the modem.. However, when i connect the modem directly to the pc, internet works. router in not able to connect to the internet and pass it futher on to the clients. Am located in ddun