• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2,238

powerontop

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Hi,
I am currently on MTNL Broadband 2MBPS post 8pm-8am plan but on my existing phone line. Since we don't use phone so much, I want to disable Telephone services on it and convert it into same a Rent Free Landline we get in Combo version. My question is:
1. What is the process(filling form, calling up some number) etc for going about doing this?
2, What are rough timelines for moving to Rent Free mode? I want to get MTNL bill only for Internet and not for Landline rent/calls going forward.
3. Will I get incoming calls on the same landline after moving to Rent free mode? Will the existing telephone number remain as it is(I suppose) or will MTNL give me some other number as I am technically disconnecting their Telephone services and using their line only for Internet.
4. Can I still make calls after conversion? How will the calls be charged if possible to make calls.
5. If there is some cycle that MTNL follows such as they will make conversion effective only from start of month or 15 of the given month etc then I can put my request accordingly.
6. Also the current landline is in my Mother's name which I wish to get it transfered to my name. Can I do it along with the above conversion? What is the process for name transfer. What all docs I have to submit along with the request for transfer.

Just call 1500 and it should be easy.