Continuation of “New Connection Nightmare”

• Thread starter Thread starter RKM
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,908
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKM

See the original post “New ConnectionNightmare” below for the whole story.Guess what, I have still not received my money back in spite of the fact that feasibility was deemed “not possible” around December 3, 2005. The first time I called requesting the money back I was told that it usually takes seven days to return the money. Well, the first seven days goes by and nothing happens. I call back and am told that the request is being sent again to the department and I should get the money back, and some one will contact me. I do not receive any phone call nor do I get my money back. I call the third time, again after a week and get the same reply. This time however a lady calls after two days or so saying that money will be returned in about 10 to 15 days. Mind you by this time around 21 days have already passed. Another week has already gone by and here I am still waiting for the money after around 27 days after the feasibility was deemed not possible at my location.To make things more strange I see a booth at my building asking people to sign up for broadband connection. By this time I am so angry that I don’t even go to the booth. Being a member of the society I could have easily brought the issue in front of all the members and I am sure very few people would have signed up for the connection, since Airtel is also laying cables in our society. However, I decided not to do that, not because I am a good guy, but because I don’t have time to waste on this issue anymore.After that, about two days back I have another representative (Territory Sales Manager) at my door trying to sell me a Broadband connection. I tell him the story, and he apologizes for the whole issue and tries to convince me that I should sign up again for the new plan. I tell him that I will only do that after he gets my money that I have already paid to them. He promises that he would do that by 1st evening latest. Let’s see what happens. He also mentions that he is not sure how this happened since at our building due to some reason only prepaid connections can be given out. But again that is not my problem these representatives should know better.My whole point is what is the deal with Tata Indicom? by doing this they are killing their reputation, and believe me that news travels like fire in apartment buildings. I am still very annoyed with the whole affair and only after I get the money back I will get some respite. Thus in conclusion, I am not happy and will only have some good point to say about this representative in this whole fiasco, provided he gets me my money back. I am afraid I can’t say anything good about Tata Indicom. However this guy says that once I get a new connection through him my opinion will change.

I dont know where you are from Mr.RKM, but a friend of mine had the same 'feasability fiasco'. but on calling them up, nothing was done, he had to go to their office to get things straightened out.Calling them up is useless. Go up to their office. I know its a headache, thats why i've been telling my friends to triple-check the feasability before giving them any money..And i advise you NOT to go for the (data) limited plans.. i've had friends who complained about excessive billing (though i cannot be sure if it was not their fault). the usage page at the tata website shows only daily usage, and not usage per session, so it might be difficult to track usage..I hope your BB woes end soon.

Originally posted by Vince@Dec 30 2005, 11:53 PM
I dont know where you are from Mr.RKM, but a friend of mine had the same 'feasability fiasco'. but on calling them up, nothing was done, he had to go to their office to get things straightened out.
Calling them up is useless. Go up to their office. I know its a headache,  thats why i've been telling my friends to triple-check the feasability before giving them any money..

And i advise you NOT to go for the (data) limited plans.. i've had friends who complained about excessive billing (though i cannot be sure if it was not their fault). the usage page at the tata website shows only daily usage, and not usage per session, so it might be difficult to track usage..

I hope your BB woes end soon.
[snapback]37830[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks Vince, I will do just that. I am from Delhi.

Originally posted by Vince@Dec 30 2005, 11:53 PM
I dont know where you are from Mr.RKM, but a friend of mine had the same 'feasability fiasco'. but on calling them up, nothing was done, he had to go to their office to get things straightened out.
Calling them up is useless. Go up to their office. I know its a headache,  thats why i've been telling my friends to triple-check the feasability before giving them any money..

And i advise you NOT to go for the (data) limited plans.. i've had friends who complained about excessive billing (though i cannot be sure if it was not their fault). the usage page at the tata website shows only daily usage, and not usage per session, so it might be difficult to track usage..

I hope your BB woes end soon.
[snapback]37830[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks Vince, I will do just that. I am from Delhi.

Status
Not open for further replies.