Contact info of person to get Tata Sky fiber deployed in my area in Pune?

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,573

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
ISP
Tata Play 1 gbps, Microscan 500 mbps and PDPL 300 mbps.
Hello,

Does anyone have a contact whom I can ask for feasibility survey for deployment of new fiber connections in my society area in Pune?

I live in a bungalow society in the hadapsar area of Pune and currently only bsnl fiber is available but many people are asking about other providers.

Thanks

Bump.

Anyone?

@vishalrao The guy whose contact # I had moved on. Also, in case of no other update it's best you call the call centre toll free # as each sales/tech guy has a different area assigned. The CC will route it to the correct person.

If all goes well and no hiccups I should be getting TPF 1 gbps connection tomorrow.

Wiring and splicing done today - tomorrow is connecting the Nokia wifi router and lighting up the connection.

Already replied to you on the other thread..to keep it short...take 1 month now and if it works well then renew for 3 months. Trust me.

Good to see you're getting the rated speed. How's the set up at your place is this via Wifi or a LAN cable plugged into one of the ports on the ONT? Which ONT did they give you BTW?

Got the same white Nokia G-2425G-A model and they put it in bridge mode.

Actually I think they just unlocked it because they told me to login to the web UI and set the WAN and LAN1 port to bridge mode and I also turned off the Wi-Fi.

It's connected from LAN1 to my TP-Link ER605 load balancing router which I also have connected to Microscan and PDPL for now.

They apparently don't have the small ont they gave you, I believe it's a Nokia G010G-Q black model with only single ethernet port? I mentioned about you to them too, basically told them they have a customer in bund garden area where they gave the small black Nokia model, why can't they give me too heh.

I asked them to procure a few units for customers like us who prefer bridge mode since the white Nokia model goes to waste, but now that it's working fine for me and I was able to turn off the Wi-Fi too I think I prefer to keep this one.

That dumb ONT was rare to find even back then and maybe more so now. They had to procure it for me since the moron who installed my connection claimed the Nokia wifi ONT was not capable of bridge mode. Duh! 🙄 But when I asked for 1G and it didn't happen they exchanged it for the Nokia 2425. Made no difference to the speeds though. TBH with the amount these people charge for 1G it wasnt worth the money at those less than rated speeds and I downgraded after a month. Same case with Airtel. I try 1G for a month and only then pay 3 or 6 months rental in advance.

Anyways, I am happy it worked out for you. I may upgrade let's see though the 2x300 Mbps lines are more than suffiicient for my purpose.

Last edited: