consumption of mobile handsets

• Thread starter Thread starter anurag
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,408

anurag

do we need cell phone only for communication????????in our lives we must be using them for some other purposes also....even if for communication then why now???we were living without it for a long time....and why are we using higher end phones when the need to communicate can be fullfilled by Nokia 3310 also...???i might sound a psycho....but can someone come up and discuss this with me here???i really am curious to know various other motivations to use these newer and smarter cell phones...people come up and discuss your experiences with your mobile phones.....anything worth sharing...any incident...any story that u want to share....there are clubs for bikes ...cars...Microsoft support....linux support ...then why not for discussion on mobile phones....let us pioneer this here...let us begin then........waiting for responses

Er.. i currently have a cellphone (basic Nokia1100), an mp3 player, and a digital camera.Three separate, but small gadgets.If they were present as one device, it would be better for me, as i would have to carry only one POS 😉..Others may have the need for storing appointments, check mails, do video-conferencing, etc,which makes them look for a 'Smart' phone with a larger range of applications...

When it comes to the average consumer (especially in a country like India) let's just say that he/she is wilfully ignorant.... when it comes to mobile phones, most people buy on the basis of looks. Only a tiny section of people who have WAP and GPRS enabled cellphones would actually really be using those features..... There are several people who do look a little into features, but they would be a minority. Still lesser are the people who make their decisions chiefly based on things like advanced features, internet reviews, etc. etc.... and this extends to most consumer electronics, as well as products like cars.....

Thanx all for your responses....but i wanted to get into is the larger picture....i mean that if we use smart phones for status...i mean we buy these phones cos we look hepp in our group or to get into a certain group...this debate about utility and luxury and showing off was my motive to bring this to the forum

^^ 'Hepp' vs, 'Utility' concept depends on whom you want to hang out with.I try not to take my mp3 player /cam with me everywhere i go coz i do NOT want to show off. the only reason i even take my mob is to make calls in case of an emergency.