Constant Disconnection trouble with BSNL UL1350 and Netgear modem

Hi everyone, I am using BSNL for some 3-4 years. Around 5-6 months back I got this constant disconnection problem for which the technicians from BSNL asked me to replace the modem. I did replace the old one with a new Netgear modem with router. But I dint get it solved. It works fine someday and it doesnt other. Mostly it doesnt work, it gets DC constantly for every 10-15 mins. I cant get any assistance from BSNL either. Can someone here solve this problem for me ? Btw, I am not using a splitter, instead I am just connecting the line directly into my Modem. Can that cause any trouble ? Any sorta help is appreciated !!

yea, a splitter is always recommended. Connect a splitter and then post your line stats.

Yep. without filtering your modem has to do twice the work it is made to do.hence the loss in connection. Use, splitter. Post line stats after that

I tried using splitter. The problem is, the DSL and internet lights never come up when I connect through a splitter. BTW, i dint connect the phone through the phone line. I just plugged the external line into the "Line" socket and from the "modem" socket I connected a wire to the modem. I dint connect the phone. The phone socket was empty. Am I doing something wrong here ? Some please help me out here !

Perhaps the splitter has the markings wrong . Connect modem to phone socket and try 😉

Hi all ! I bought a new splitter and cable and tried it again. Nothing helped. Now I got a reliance data card and am not very happy about it. But I still have my bsnl line. So I was wondering if there is anyway of solving this. Please help me !

can u post the screen shot of modem/router statistics page ... where SRN, Line authentication values r displayed ...

It may look something like this

i think Shankar Subramanian problem was solved ....

It wasnt solved. I was out of town for a while. Now I have asked for connection again. Let me check and get back with you guys. Thanks