• Thread starter Thread starter pudu123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1,679

pudu123

Regular
ISP
Airtel Xtreme 40Mbps
I have been a spectra user for 3 years but the recent price drops by Jio fibre and Airtel fibre have made me think about switching.

my current spectra plan is 50mbps unlimited and it costs ₹949 plus gst.

i don’t think jio fibre is available in sector 82 noida. So, that leaves Airtel broadband.

i am interested In their ₹499 40mbps unlimited broadband plan. But, I’m not sure if they offer fibre broadband in my colony. I tried searching for customer care but was unable to find a number. Can anyone tell me how to contact them?

i want to kniw the total installation costs and if fibre broadband is available in my area.

Submit the form on their site?

Reactions: Smh
Submit the form on their site?
The form is for installation request.

i just want to do enquiry for now if the 40mbps connection is available in my colony and the installation costs.

spectra hasn’t introduced new plans to counter them and I’m not sure if they will.

Right now I’m paying double (₹949) the 499 Airtel plan which makes no sense to me. Why continue with spectra when Airtel is offering similar plan at half price?

I am planning to switch from spectra at the end of my current spectra bill cycle which ends in 3 weeks.

i just want to do enquiry for now if the 40mbps connection is available in my colony and the installation costs.
Just request for Installation. Post which someone will call you and provide the feasibility/cost etc for the connection.
Latter you can decide if you want to proceed or not or can ask politely to call after few days.

I am planning to switch from spectra at the end of my current spectra bill cycle which ends in 3 weeks.

Do note that you need to give them a disconnection request 1-2 weeks prior to your billing end date. Else you might end up being billed for one more month.

I gave them a call to disconnect once the new connection was up and they are like it will take another 1-2 weeks for them to disconnect, so I ended up paying for those extra two weeks. ☹️

Yeah.

my plan is to talk to airtel and confirm if they have the plan that I want.

after that I plan to request spectra disconnection sometime next week.

Il only request Airtel installation after spectra is officially disconnected even if that means living without broadband for a few days

Spectra has newer plans too, I've been getting emails saying they are not giving 50% off for their 1 Gbps plan, so comes to 1249+tax.

If you ask maybe they'd give a different plan too.

Yeah.

my plan is to talk to airtel and confirm if they have the plan that I want.

after that I plan to request spectra disconnection sometime next week.

Il only request Airtel installation after spectra is officially disconnected even if that means living without broadband for a few days
I would advise the opposite. Disconnect only when you have your new connection working. You never know what snags might come up and you might not get a connection from airtel for whatever reason. Then you have to pay Spectra again for installation and deal with headaches.

Will submit Airtel installation request and see how it goes.

if connection is possible, I’ll get spectra disconnected Sometime next week.

after disconnection I’ll get Airtel.

i understand airtel installation may Not happen after that. Ive got other local ISPs that I can get if Airtel installation does not happen.

I’m done with spectra if they can’t match the Airtel offer. Not paying double plan rates to spectra. ₹1000 for 50mbps not paying Anymore.

Tried submit a request for Airtel xtreme and got the message it is not available in my area.

so, I am stuck with spectra for the time being.

i have a feeling spectra will not reduce prices until there is competition in the locality.

bummer.