considering about buying an lcd tv

• Thread starter Thread starter bsd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 15,592
I have a 42" LG LED......i had tried mp4 & avi when it was new & it worked fine. Now the thing is - i have connected this PC of mine to the TV.......so i didnt bother for checking which other formats were supported!!But regarding PQ, i think LG is really good......actually i think thats coz of "LED" factor. When i got this 1 in Feb 2010, there were 2 players oly who sold LED - LG & Samsung......Samsung 40" was about 20% costlier than LG 42".......So, my advice would be compare such differentials before buying & as far as possible, move towards newer technology......instead of LCD/Plasma, get LED.!) When u see the 3 side by side, ur eyes will automatically be impressed the most by LED 2) Its lot slimmer 3) Has a really wide viewing angle - practically 178 degrees - still there wont be any change in colours. 178 because the natural line of sight prevents u from seeing a 2D thing at an angle of 180 degrees.4) It is very light on ur electricity bill as well.Pricing difference between LCD & LED is quite a bit.....esp for 40+ inches, but its worth a spend......

I have a 42" LG LED......i had tried mp4 & avi when it was new & it worked fine. Now the thing is - i have connected this PC of mine to the TV.......so i didnt bother for checking which other formats were supported!!

But regarding PQ, i think LG is really good......actually i think thats coz of "LED" factor. When i got this 1 in Feb 2010, there were 2 players oly who sold LED - LG & Samsung......
Samsung 40" was about 20% costlier than LG 42".......

So, my advice would be compare such differentials before buying & as far as possible, move towards newer technology......instead of LCD/Plasma, get LED.

!) When u see the 3 side by side, ur eyes will automatically be impressed the most by LED
2) Its lot slimmer
3) Has a really wide viewing angle - practically 178 degrees - still there wont be any change in colours. 178 because the natural line of sight prevents u from seeing a 2D thing at an angle of 180 degrees.
4) It is very light on ur electricity bill as well.

Pricing difference between LCD & LED is quite a bit.....esp for 40+ inches, but its worth a spend......
I am also researching on 40"+ LCD for my home. Was reading this article ...you may find interesting CNET Quick Guide: HDTV Resolution Explained - CNET Reviews

Overall - Go for the latest technology (LED) instead of LCD
I evaluated wireless/internet ready LED - it can play content directly from your laptop without wires 🙂
The best part is that you can use your laptop while the movie from the laptop keeps playing on LED

Read a first few para's & book-marked it......looks really useful!! thanks for sharing!!

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Btw, do LCD TVs come with Bluetooth support?? (Though I dont see any reason why they shouldnt!!)

I just bought a 46 EX500 Sony LCD for 60k, grey market. Value for money in my opinion.

Not quite. You should get it in $899 i.e Rs 41000 or more precisely Rs 40679.55 inches: 50 00060 inches: 71 000

i know the Amazon price, but still better than Sony india pricing of 69k for EX400
okay if you have got it already, but you should have bargained a little. We got a LG 42 inches tv of 82 000 for 61 000.

i enquired with one more seller and got same rate, he threw in a Dish HD STB with free 45 days pack of all channels for rs 750. considering i was going to buy it anyway, was happy, saved me about 2K.

But isnt anyone considering the LED option as realistic even now??LCD is outdating like anything......and its a resource hungry appliance as compared to LED.

The price difference for a 46 Inch TV is about 25K if I am not mistaken between LCD and LED, dont think it is worth that investment. It also depends on usage, I use my 46 maybe for 2 hrs average in my bedroom and didnt think it worthwhile investing in an LED for that.

One reason you should go for LED instead of LCD is - DLNA (WiFi Feature)No TV today (Samsung/LG/Sony) is DLNA active in LCD ...all of them are in LED.The way it works is - your TV directly connects to your Laptop or Network Hard drive and plays the Video/Music without wires 🙂PS: - I am going to buy LG8500 LED in 46 inches.

I was having 2 options - 46CX52 - brand new model with DLNA, Skype, VAIO Remote control etc, but it had no motion flow and 100Hz. I tried getting info on this model but have been unable to find it anywhere. I looked at the manual but it didnt mention motionflow so I chose 46EX500. The price difference was only 3K.Also another reason I didnt bother with DLNA, I have a Western Digital HD Media Player (HD TV Live) which plays all formats of movies and has internet connectivity, bluetooth keyboard support, external HDD support etc. So no point having it in the TV built in.

But isnt anyone considering the LED option as realistic even now??

LCD is outdating like anything......and its a resource hungry appliance as compared to LED.

cost is major factor when some one decide to choose the LCD or LED

if we compare picture quality which is better Full HD or LED ???