Connectivity issues with DSL-G604T wireless router: MTNL Triband Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter nighthawk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,479

nighthawk

ISP
MTNL TriBand
I have a toshiba satellite laptop with an external Linksys wireless card which connects to triband through my D-Link wireless router. For the last couple of months, I have been experiencing frequent drops in connection. MTNL as usual said evrything was fine at their end. I used a company laptop at home and had same issues, so it's not a problem with my laptop/linksys card.I tried reseting my modem to factory condition using the menu and sometimes that seems to solve the problem. At other times, if I physically reset the router (using the reset button at the back), it seems to solve the problem but there are still connection occasional connection drops. Now I suspect it's my router's fault combined with a bad MTNL line. Any ideas/suggestions on how to resolve this. Thanks in advance,Claude

@nighthawk :
please try OpenDNS 208.67.220.220 & 208.67.222.222

Also TCP/IP optimiser from SpeedGuide.net :: Broadband · Cable · DSL · VoIP · Security · Network Tools.
Google search G604T : some stability problems in this modem/router reported.

Hope you have enabled wireless security.

D-Link DSL-G604T Review - Routers

We initially hit some stability problems with the DSL-G604T, including some self-initiated reboots that tended to wipe the unit's memory -- annoyingly on one occasion it lost its security settings but remembered our ISP ones, opening itself up to the wider world. A quick trip to D-Link's local Web Site revealed an available firmware upgrade -- we moved from the v2.00B03.AU firmware to the v2.00B06.AU firmware -- but even this didn't resolve all of our connection issues. We're well used to consumer-level routers being less robust than their enterprise counterparts, but the DSL-G604T sat on the poor side of the fence when it came to overall stability. Hopefully future firmware upgrades will improve this

Unquote

connection drop b/w router and laptop or connex being dropped by router itself?if former then fault could be with router/wireless card ; if latter then its a line problem